I wanted to try to get some more feedback for the headless client kit I made. V2.1 should be available on Armaholic and Steam Workshop soon (will include benchmarking missions).
The script transfers units to any number of HCs, and interacts with Arma such that:
- trigger/waypoint syncs are re-established,
- units can be ignored by the script (for use with other scripts etc.),
- units can be split evenly among multiple HCs,
- units linked to Arma support modules automatically stay on the server (otherwise these modules break),
- checks for units to be transferred to HCs are made according to the user's specifications, to ease server demand,
- script sits mostly idle if no units need to be transferred,
- many AI enhancements work alongside this script (if setup correctly!),
- debug mode can be (de)activated during the mission, to show real-time info on HC activity.
The headless client/dedicated server setup files are designed to work with little or no alteration, but can be easily customised to achieve even the most complex setup.
Benchmarking missions to demonstrate the performance difference with/without HCs are a part of v2.1.
There is a guide included along with other useful files to get IP address, live HC info etc.
I can't think of much else to add to/fix this kit so I am keen to hear other suggestions to improve it.
WHK basic description:
-Editor/script/Zeus AIs auto-transferred to HC control
-AI waypoints/scripts/trigger sync preserved
-Splits AIs evenly among multiple HC
-**3D** debug mode
-HC test/benchmark missions
-Server/HC configurations and shortcut examples
I wanted to create a kit with everything needed to get HCs to work without having recreate units as scripts and work through many long guides.
puts "@Werthles Headless Kit" in the Arma 3 game folder, or download here