Since ArmA 1.12b was released field of view (FOV) has been a hot topic. On request I decided to create a small addon for UNA clan that changes the field of view back to what it was in 1.08 before BIS changed it. Since many might find this addon useful we decided to release it for public use. In addition there is also an addon included for using 1.12b FOV if there was somebody that prefered that. This addon has been tested in ArmA 1.14.
Since v1.1 FOV has been changed in all land vehicles and in the parachute to values that were used in 1.08 and 1.12. FOV has also been changed for all rifles and pistols. It is easy however still easy to disable thease changes if you prefere the weapon and/or vehicle FOV used in 1.14. Read 'USAGE' for more information.
I point to Armaholic for how to install addons and modfolders
This addon pack containes four pbos:
* UNA_FOV108.pbo changes the units FOV to Arma 1.08 values.
* UNA_FOV112b.pbo changes the units FOV to Arma 1.12 values.
* una_fov_weapons.pbo changes the weapons FOV to Arma 1.08 and 1.12 values.
* una_fov_vehicles.pbo changes the vehicle FOV to Arma 1.08 and 1.12 values.
If you want to use 1.08 FOV use your @UNAfov\Addons folder should look like this (default settings):
If you prefere 1.12 FOV over 1.08 your @UNAfov\Addons folder should look like this:
If you prefere 1.14 weapon FOV move una_fov_weapons.pbo to disabled folder.
If you prefere 1.14 vehicle FOV move una_fov_vehicles.pbo to disabled folder.
This addon is client side and works good in MP. This addon might give minor advantage or disadvantage in close combat MP games and its usage might not be allowed on all servers.
This addon pack is part of the UNA addons used by UNA clan and its usage is allowed on UNA server.
- FOV changed for all rifles to 1.08 and 1.12 values
- FOV changed for all pistols to 1.08 and 1.12 values
- FOV changed for M16a2GL grenadelauncher to 1.08 and 1.12 values
- Drivers FOV changed for all land vehicles to 1.08 and 1.12 values
- FOV changed for parachute to 1.08 and 1.12 values
- FOV for all units changed to 1.08 (or 1.12) values.
Tested by UNA clan