MIL_SniperHuntDM is a 2-4 player, sniper versus sniper deathmatch, playable on a number of different maps. Play for the long game and try to hunt down your enemies while keeping them guessing, or set up a short match through customisable lobby settings.
This is built for a dedicated server with custom difficulty settings (listed below) in order to achieve the difficulty I was going for. It will work fairly well on a hosted server, but there was only so much I could do to force difficulty settings that I recommend to be used on a dedi.
MIL_SniperHuntDM is intended to be difficult, and while taking your shot is still a critical part of the mission it is only a small part. I've tried to build this mission to require the player/s to put a lot more effort into some of the other aspects of "sniping" (navigation, judging distance, cam & concealment) while at the same time requiring them to out-think and out-hunt their enemies.
MIL_SniperHuntDM has been ported across 18 maps (listed below). If there are any map requests let me know, as I made it fairly simple to set up on other maps.
*** One MAJOR point to note - I wanted this to be all about the hunt. So, depending on the customisable settings used at the start of the mission this could just descend into a boring camp-fest (I've created adjustable player markers to alleviate this). The mates I tested this with didn't camp (most of the time). We "hunted" each other down, and it was fun with plenty of tension.
- Dedi/Hosted server support.
- Player markers, adjustable through lobby params, to indicate enemy positions that:
- Can have an inaccuracy applied to them.
- Can increase in accuracy over time.
- Optional weather settings, including snow in place of rain on arctic maps.
- Credits to "IndeedPete & KokaKolaA3" for snow scripts.
- Randomly assigned gear (equipment/weapons).
- Arctic, desert or woodland.
- Limited ammunition (2 x mags per weapon).
- Randomly spawned quad bikes (small chance for Hummingbirds).
- Custom kill/death & disconnect messages.
- No rangefinding.
- Spectator slot.
- Easily adaptable to other maps.
- Supports vanilla, RHS, CUP & Massi NATO SF and Russian Weapons.
- Added ability for users without mod to still play by giving them vanilla weapons.
- However, mod weapons won't be visible to non-mod players.
- Support for a headless client.
- Offload handling of vehicle spawns (handled by host on a hosted server).
- More of a learning point for myself.
As these we're WIP videos, there's a bunch of bugs. So, never mind the confusing markers.......
First playable tests, 4 different sessions (9:47s):
Second playable tests, 2 missions, 1 as spectator and 1 drawn out mission (10:53s):
Third/final test, 1 mission with a different and fairly vocal group. Also the first time I get killed playing this (8:47s):
Players used to sometimes spawn in rocks, and markers sometimes didn't function correctly, and vehicles sometimes exploded on spawn. I applied changes to fix all these issues and haven't seen any repeats of them since but if they do still occur, please let me know.
If anyone finds any problems please let me know.
This post was edited by beno_83au (2018-06-26 09:00, 1021 days ago)
Hey HazJ. I only run a private server every now and then for me and a few mates. My internet is farrrrrrr from being able to handle anything public and it's a cost I can do without. Otherwise I'd love to be able to put a couple up.
This post was edited by beno_83au (2018-07-07 11:41, 1010 days ago)
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.