MIL_Mirror allows a mission maker to add a mirror-type effect to an object capable of using setObjectTexture.
- PIP MUST BE ENABLED for the mirror to work (Options >> Video >> General >> PIP).
- Copy the folder MIL_Mirror into your mission directory.
- Place your intended mirror object (e.g. a whiteboard - "Land_MapBoard_01_Wall_F" - they work best) and name it.
- Add this line to your mission's init.sqf file:
nul = [_mirrors] execVM "MIL_Mirror\initialise.sqf";
- _mirrors - array
- names of all the mirrors
nul = [mirror_1,mirror_2] execVM "MIL_Mirror\initialise.sqf";
Day/Night demo of some mirrors (0.50):
Glass House Update (2.05):
**Disclaimer - Duke Nukem is talking about himself here, definitely not me
- The reflection doesn't behave quite like a mirrored reflection because it's a camera, but it's the best I could achieve.
- Resolution isn't outstanding, but it's ok.
- Torch beams (and probably most other light sources) aren't reflected, which is pretty obvious in the video.
If anyone finds any problems please let me know.
Added - Breaking glass.
- 1-3 shots at random.
- Breaks from explosions.
- Glass shatter effect.
- Glass breaking noises.
Added - 50m distance check to mirrors being "active".
Changed - How mission creators implement the function.
- Objects no longer need to have setObjectTexture run on them from the editor!!!
- Instructions have changed due to this, but are now MUCH simpler.
Changed - Increased mirror resolution.
Fixed - Working MP implementation.
v1 - Release.
This post was edited by beno_83au (2019-03-27 23:28, 502 days ago)
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.