MIL_ClearGrass - Dropbox
Another pretty basic script, MIL_ClearGrass allows players to create firelanes through grass or to simply clear small patches of grass to give unobstructed observation. "Land_ClutterCutter_small_F" is used to clear the grass, and when clearing patches is spawned 0.5m in front of the player.
- AddActions to clear a small patch of grass, or clear a point-to-point line through grass.
- Mission designers can choose to enable/disable clearing of both patches and/or firelanes.
- Mission designers can also add a required item to be in the player's inventory to be able to clear any grass.
- Copy the file MIL_ClearGrass.sqf to your mission folder.
- Run the script on clients (from init.sqf or initPlayerLocal.sqf) using:
nul = [_availableActions,_itemsRequired] execVM "MIL_ClearGrass.sqf";
- _availableActions - number (optional)
- default: 0
- determine what grass clearing option can be used
- 0 - both
- 1 - clear grass patch
- 2 - clear fire lane
- _itemsRequired - array of strings (optional)
- default: 
- classNames of any items required to clear any grass
nul =  execVM "MIL_ClearGrass.sqf";
- Players will be able to use both actions without restrictions.
nul = [1,["ACE_EntrenchingTool"]] execVM "MIL_CAS.sqf";
- Players will only be able to clear patches of grass any need to have an ACE Entrenching Tool in their inventory.
Small demo of clearing some grass for a prone machine gunner (1.00s):
- Be aware, it can be a bit fiddly sometimes to get the right spot to remove patches of grass.
If anyone finds any problems please let me know.