Hey gents, I'd be interested to know if any of you have played this user-made (SP only) campaign for ArmA 2, "Chesty Puller"
. I'm a couple of missions in and am very impressed indeed with the mission design, the mastery of ArmA scenario editing and the military authenticity. The dialogue is written in subtitles rather than spoken and suffers greatly from the fact that the designer, Bardosy, does not speak English as a first language, but for me the well-populated battlefield and high-fidelity simulation of Marine MEU ops is worth the price of admission alone.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend other user-made missions or campaigns for either SP or coop, that, like "Chesty Puller" meet the following criteria:
- tactics rather than cinematics
- not "four SpecOps against the world" scenarios
- emphasis on infantry, not air or armor except as support
- authentic small-unit OOBs, i.e. Marine MEUs or Army platoon-scale
- good implementation of force multipliers and indirect support, either arty or air
- military, territorial rather than over-scripted mission objectives, no need for extraneous "character" or "narrative" issues.
Any ideas? Thanks!