USMC Village Raid
You will lead a Marine Rifle Squad on an assault into an insurgent-held village where a mobile AA radar has been camouflaged by local forestation. You will insert by helicopter, destroy the AA unit, and extract after using radio "Alpha" to summon the chopper back to the LZ.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Missions folder.
The most realistic way to play this small-scale but intense seek-and-destroy mission is not to save and to try to bring back your whole squad. I suggest taking a good look at the briefing/notes for information about weapon/ammo availability (although your Marines are already equipped with everything they will need), radio codes, and intel re. possible enemy reinforcements.
Please let me know what you think, I am proud of this mission but fully prepared for constructive criticism.
- Changed Overview image to screenshot taken from outside HUD view
- Changed "On Load" text in splash screen to i/d location not mission title
- Decluttered HUD view by removing extraneous task carets
- Changed radio channel name for extraction from "Alpha" to "Extraction", which is now how it is referenced in the briefing, the Radio item menu and in the radio LED in map view.
- Fully-functional briefing with task notes properly implemented in map view and debrief
- Automated task switching now works when task has been accomplished
- Overview with screenshot
- Map screen and briefing appears before mission start, with "Continue" button
- Hints introduced by script on task completion
- Autosave at end of insertion
- Extraction script reworked so that the chopper will wait until the last squad member boards
Credits & thanks:
Thank you Armaholic, thank you forum members.
USMC Village Raid v1.2