Operation Free Willy
Five hours ago we lost contact with a UH-1Y callsign 'Willy 3'. This helicopter was on a routine patrol flight over the Black Sea and somehow he got off course and entered enemy territory. Currently we dont know if the helicopter was shot down or if some kind of technical failure is the reason for the crash. One of our UAV's already sighted the position of the wreck and we have been able to contact the local NAPA commander 'Victor'. He told us his men reported him that one Pilot is dead already and the other one is captured by the CHDKZ.
You will lead a CSAR Team to rescue the captured Pilot. Currently you are on board of the USS Jimmy Carter but we will insert you and your team inconspicuously about midnight with a fishing boat. The boat will drive back to the open sea and wait for you to call for extraction. Meet Victor, he will tell you where the surviving Pilot is hold captive. Rescue him and kill anyone who tries to prevent that. Then try to reach the wreck and recover the optical sensors.
- Short intro (only text)
- Full briefing and many notes
- Special colorfilters for a brighter night
- Player controls a 3-man SEAL Team
- Player can recrute resistance fighters (NAPA) to join his group
- Random patrols of the CHDKZ and the NAPA
- Some surprises that will challenge you
- Rescue captured pilot
- Recover secret optical sensors from the wreck
- Helicopter wreck on random position
- A fishing boat gets you out
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Missions folder.
There is a NON-ACE version which only needs the FDF Podagorsk & TF86 Navy SEALs Pack addons.
Credits & thanks:
Thanks to "nominesine" for his radio sounds
- BI forums
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtra
- Community Base addons
- FDF Podagorsk
- TF86 Navy SEALs Pack