JayArma2Lib - Jaynus' ArmA2 Extended Libraryby
The latest version of JayArma2Lib is included in A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment v220.127.116.119 which you can download from here
JayArma2Lib is my creation to have access to either more efficient or extended functionality which the current ArmA2 engine lacks. This includes string functionality, data structure management, and named pipes access.
This can be considered the follow-up to the original 'armalib' by Kegetys. Sadly though, I was never able to get in touch with Kegetys, and therefore none of this work is based off of his except for the identification of the ArmA2 scripting function to replace.
In a nutshell, this library works by proxying the DirectSound library on any Windows system; DirectSound is dsound.dll. I then replace the KbAddTopic function. This function is the access point for all functionality within this library.
There are no requirements, except for using the latest version of ArmA2. Additionally, this library works BOTH server and client side.
CURRENT OA BETA SUPPORT: 1.60 RC2
Current ArmA2 VERSION SUPPORT: 1.09 FINAL
- Named pipes access
- String manipulation functionality
- Hashtable (sorted list) functionality
- Logging to an external file
- Get local system time
- DLL Extension Support
- (Coming Soon!) SQL Support
You can follow an easy 1 step process for installation.
1. Extract all files to your ArmA2 Directory
2. Add @JayArma2Lib to your mod's path on your shortcut.
- Example Shortcut Path:
"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@JayArma2Lib
An addon for the functionality has also been provided. @JayArmA2Lib. Please add this folder to your mod's path.
This is to allow for easier updating of the core functionality via Yoma. You are *NOT* required to run this addon for JayArma2Lib to work; only if an Addon requires the use of it.
You can also add a line to your actual ArmA2 shortcut to disable this library.
Add -nojayarma2lib to your shorcut, and it will not load.
This library is also 100% BattlEye Compatible!
Delete dsound.dll and all associated JayArma2Lib Files.
this is initial release for preview and peer review. The first final release, later will include: SQLite support, C/C++ extension support, and a full Addon for API access to allow for ease of Yoma/whatever updates.
Besides the above mentioned, however, all features mentioned in the README work as documented. Initial install is also documented. It is the simple copying of 2 DLL's into your ArmA2 directory.
The final release version will consist of 1(ONE) DLL in the ArmA2 Root that will *not* change, and 1(ONE) DLL in an addon folder, @JayArma2Lib. So please do not rely on this release structure for anything critical/special/whatever.
- A2TS3 Team for helping with functionality requests
- Nou for addon help and getting me in touch with A2TS3
- Task Force Proteus @ TacticalGamer.com for being my
- TacticalGamer.Com Admin team for supporting me and
helping me with so much server side testing.
- A2 Latest from Steam & Non-Steam
- ArmA2 OA 1.56 Steam & Non-Steam
- Added OA 1.55 B75666 Support
- Added auto-updater functionality
- Support for OA 1.55 Steam & Non-Steam added!
- Support for Version Beta 74630
- Support for Version Beta 74123
- Added OA 1.54 B73968 NON-STEAM beta support
- Added OA 1.54 B73251 NON-STEAM beta support
- Added OA 1.54 B73246 NON-STEAM beta support
- Added OA 1.54 B73206 NON-STEAM beta support
- Added OA 1.54 B73116 NON-STEAM beta CLIENT-ONLY(no server) support
- Added OA 1.54 B73115 NON-STEAM beta
- Added OA 1.54 Beta 72697 STEAM support
- Added OA 1.54 proper non-steam support
- Added OA 1.54 proper steam support
- Added OA 1.54 Beta 72967 support
- Added OA 1.52 beta 72716 support
- Added OA 1.52 beta 72418 support
- BI forums