Requirements: Community Base addon, Arma 2 Beta Build
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: The ACRE mod links Arma 2 and Teamspeak3 to create a more immersive environment in which we play in, including positional audio, real radio communications and complete compatibility with the ACE2 Arma 2 project
We would like to introduce to you the ACRE mod, in production by various members of the A2 community. The ACRE mod links ArmA2 and Teamhhak3 to create a more immersive environment in which we play in, including positional audio, real radio communications and complete compatibility with the ACE2 ArmA2 project.
We intend to create the most realistic and immersive radio system within the current gaming world; based off of real life experience and knowledge, as well as the use of physical terrain obscuration, radio loss, distortion, and all other considers a real radio operator must make on a daily basis.
We welcome anyone to supply feedback or join in on this cooperative project.
Current TS3 Support:
Also this version requires that the server be running 1.3.16 as well!!! Playing on older servers may cause issues!
Features: * Five ACRE-Specific Radios
. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio
. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio
. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio
. AN/PRC-152 handheld radio
. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio
* Vehicles now contain rack mounts and already included radios!
* Rack mounts contain loud speakers that allow anyone within hearing distance to listen to radio conversations! * 100% ACE2 Compatible
. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.
* ACRE now implements ACRE interaction keys utilizing the CBA framework. Most player should be familiar with these from their prominence in ACE2. * PRC-343 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio' * Realistic GUI interfaces for radios, they are the real thing * Directional speaking for non-radio, normal communications
. Real-time 3d positional information
* Realistic terrain affects for radios
. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects
. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal
. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far
. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects
* Separate Push-To-Talk key (non-toggle) for using your radio
. If a person speaks on their radio and you aren't on that frequency, you can hear them 'directly'
* Multiple hotkeys and quick-displays for fast information about your radios * Players can carry multiple radios on different frequencies
. Hot-swap radio hotkey
. Current radios selection menu
. Pop-up display on broadcast to know current radio in use
* Radios are now considered unique objects within the ArmA2 world
. Radios are droppable and maintain ALL settings for anyone who picks them up
. Program a radio and trade it with a player!
. Pick up your dead enemies radio and discover his platoon's frequency
* Man pack Radios have the ability to use 'PA' mode in a vehicle, broadcast at 40,000mW! * Custom Squawk sounds for all radio transmissions (credits to Krause)
* Realistic distortion effects
. Normal broadcasting distortion
. Signal lose distortion and noise
* 100% BattlEye compatible * Performance and desync considerations
. All time critical radio information is communicated via TeamSpeak3, server desync doesn't break ACRE
. Crash/Desync fallback functionality. Sound "anomalies" are no longer possible with lag/desync.
. Optimized distance, terrain, positional and signal calculations
. Use of JayArmA2Lib for Named pipes communication; 0-latency inter-process communication between TS3-ArmA2
. Server side garbage collection of radios to prevent object clutter/long mission lag
. Many fixes for ts3/arma2 crashes, server/mission disconnects
* Global 15 second reset for any of these scenarios
* Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat
You no longer have to run TS3 beta's.
1. You can uninstall the older ACRE via the control panel first.
2. Download and install the new official TS3 from the TS3 site.
3. Install ACRE.
4. Don't forget to run as administrator!
Credits & thanks:
* All the official & unofficial ACRE testers
* UnitedOperations.Net Community for dealing with us pushing broken updates all the time
* Havoc Company (www.havoc-company.com) for all the 1-on-1 and beta time
* rexehuk for killing so many animals on our behalf
* Shack Tactical (www.shacktac.com) for multiple thorough testing sessions
* SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) for so much thorough testing and dealing with crashes
* Task Force Blackjack for their unending unguided testing and bug reports which have helped us so much
* The ACE/CBA teams for random scripting and engine discussions and debugging
* All the various ArmA2 Skype channels for listening to us (Think tank, im looking at you)
* Sickboy specifically for his heavy work and integration on making with SixUpdater became a reliable and extensive platform to deliver ACRE and JayArmA2Lib
* BI Forums community for the support
* TS3 Version increase to 3.0.9
* Fixed Muting again - now unmutes all local mutes
* Fixed surround and falloff issues for different 5.1/7.1/3.1/Stereo issues with TS3.
* Fixed clients not getting unmuted if in different channel, disconnected, or if you restart TS3
* Fixed ACE inheritance issue
* Fixed ACE ruck capacity of 117/119
- fixed issue were people were having an issue in and out of game when they were experiencing the pipe error where the game would stutter heavily. Mind you if you were having this stuttering issue then you still will have the underlying issue of the pipe closing, which is usually a permissions issue!
* Drastically reduced pipe traffic, hopefully increased named pipe bandwidth... should fix some reliability issues at high player counts as well as sticky direct speaking.
* Fixed bug where per-frame handler code would run after mission end causing odd behavior
* Moved even more loops to per-frame handlers
* Refactored code to use less scheduled execution time
* Moved more loops to per-frame handlers
* Moved critical server loops to non-scheduled execution
* Final build for release.
* Bug that wasn't allowing volume to be attenuated by vehicles in direct speaking when using original voice model.
* Default voice curve model is now the original model.
* Removed some debugging code that was causing server crashes/desync.
* Increased radio volume.
* Potential independent setting of soundpack volume (not tested).
* Implemented different voice scale modes.
* Added persistant speaking events while speaking to compensate for potential TS3 packet loss.
* Tweaked amplitude model
* 5.1/7.1 fixed
* Direct speaking distance is based on the actual volume of the speaker
* Multiple bug/stability fixes through 1.3.x series
* Loudspeakers now are based on distance including the distance to the actual speaker, taking over when closer to them.
* Respawn gear script handling has been improved/fixed.
* Cleaner handling of lagged respawn gear scripts.
* Switched direct speaking from using visiblePosition to getPosASL because visiblePosition appears to be horribly lagged (despite its name).
* Small clean ups, tweaks, etc.
* More overhaul of spectator system
* Direct speaking oddities fixed up, no more sharp pan behind head, less noise in direct voices, more balanced panning
* Overhaul of spectator system
* Attempt to fix global blip on respawn
* Muting was not functioning correctly for people not on the same radio channels
* Vehicle racks retooled
* Buddy radios retooled
- Version upgrade due to many issues in 1.3.15.
- Major stability fixes and debugging information added.
- version update due to to many hotfixes
- hotfix for ACRE that fixes issues with rapify
- it supports TS3 3.0.3 and contains some potential bug and performance fixes.
v1.3.12 hot patch
* added support for the new API version number.
* Memory Leak Hotfix
* Fix for Arma2 wrong pos at distance bug fix.
* This should fix the last of the TS3 issues. Squawks are still not 3d for stereo, but that is the only remaining issue. This will fix radios screwing up and cutouts.
* Fixed: ACRE no longer causes cutouts. Wow?
* Fixed: With Stereo sound, you would still hear people really far away when they were REALLY far away
* Fixed TS3 issue where stereo sound was improperly mixed by TS3
* Changed: Updated API version and made compatible for TS3 3.0.0 Final
* Fixed: Locality issue where closing a dialog would close it on other clients as well
* Fixed: Muting was occuring oddly for spectators.
* Fixed: Playerlist construction while people were dead was...interesting.
* Fixed: Possible locking and syncing issues with current radio lists
* Added: Preparation class definitions for different antenna's and powers in vehicles (not implemented yet)
* Changed: PA mode removed from AN/PRC-119. It now sucks compared to the 117F in all respects.
* Fixed: Signal code was running faster than it should have, causing FPS lag @ greater than 60 players.
!!!!!!!!* Fixed: ArmA2 has a engine bug for positions at a distance, causing signal loss.
This is now fixed. We manually propigate our positions, so signals now always work
when distances are greater than 10km. Yay ArmA2 bug workarounds.
* Fixed: There was a small chance that you would start a mission and radios would disappear.
* Fixed: When you "stopped using" a vehicle rack radio, it would break for a misison.
* Changed: Death and spectating completely revamped. Again. Fixes death blip and spectating bugs.
* Fixed: RPT antenna error. Fixes #153
* Fixed: Parachutes had VRC's. Fixes #150
* Fixed: Vehicle racks would stop working after certain amounts of time. Fixes #152
* Fixed: When you died inside a vehicle or respawned, you would still have the radio after respawn.
* Changed: Removed ACRE version popup error in TS3
* Fixed: Your radio would not work when you respawned with it and a vehicle rack radio. Fixes #137
* Fixed: Retransmission was not working under some circumstances.
* Fixed: Unmounting a radio while using it didn't get handled properly.
* Fixed: isKindOfRadio/hasKindOfRadio fixed (again, sorry). Fixes #140
* Fixed: Trying to mount a radio while already using one caused a script error. Fixes #141
* Fixed: You can now only "Use Radio" once at a time on a radio. Fixes #143
* Fixed: setSpectator did not work. Fixes #128
* Fixed: Devide by zero error when broadcasting to someone inside your own vehicle
* Fixed: Death blip should be gone a bit
* Fixed: Forced CPU Affinity within the TS3 process when ACRE is loaded. Should reduce crashes.
* Fixed: Handling of Teamswitching should be working now
* Added: Russian version of documentation
* Added: V2 Signatures
* Changed: You can no longer open a radio in a vehicle rack unless you use it first
* Changed: Virtual rack radios (tanks/aircraft) are no longer "takable"
* Changed: Performance and code initialization changes
* Fixed: Sometimes, on first island load on a dedicated server, radio's would disappear
* Fixed: Vehicle rack speakers wern't attenuating correctly
* Fixed: Opening radios via the interact without closing others would break radios.
* Fixed: ACE/ACRE interacts would sometimes not initialization on mission start
* Fixed: JIPs would sometimes hear people as global. A lot.
* Fixed: onvehicleinit script error
* Fixed: ACE radios were borked
* Changed: When using a rack radio, it now becomes your active radio
* Fixed: Random game hang/crashes
* Fixed: the dead menu showed up when you were alive
* Fixed: radio speakers now work again
* Fixed: Virtual radios in vehicles would sometimes show frequency any
* Fixed: Volume on the 343 did not work
* Fixed: JIP players would be global sometimes
* Fixed: Other random bugs and crap
* Added: TS3 now has a configuration dialog which allows controlling global radio volume for your client
* Changed: updated for latest ts3 version fixing the constant error message
* Changed: Signal code re-worked. Overall terrain detection should be more accurate (no more mystery hills)
* Changed: Vehicle racks do not have a "open radio" button anymore
* Fixed: Various vehicle rack bugs
* Fixed: retrans function rxmtAttachToObj now works properly
* Fixed: Sometimes the client would stutter with > 50 players
* Fixed: "Over water" volume bug (also known as the carrier bug)
* Removed: cntrl+shift+v for radio list has now been disabled. Use the ACRE Interact menu
* Added: Vehicle racks are now fully implemented. See http://tracker.idi-systems.com/proje.../Vehicle_Racks for details
* Added: Vehicle racks now support "speaker mode" for other people to hear them
* Added: Players dead, or in "spectate" mode, now get a self interaction for modifying spectator mode settings
* Added: api functions. acre_api_fnc_getDisplayName, acre_api_fnc_rack_mountRadio
* Fixed: Ace "on-back" was broken again (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/73)
* Fixed: Turned in/out attenuation for LAV-25's fixed. dumb animation names (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/74)
* Fixed: Bradley's now have proper cargo compartment attenuation
* Fixed: Vodnik gunners were perma-turned out, but had turned in attenuation
* Fixed: startSpeaking didnt trigger on channel change (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/77)
* Fixed: hasKindOfRadio didnt work (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/78)
* Added: Lower/Raise headset now avialable via self interact
* Added: Owner of a shared pack radio can now stop a person from using their radio via self interact (or running away)
* Added: Remote radio usage now works with AI again via interact menu
* Added: Current radios are now listed in the self interact menu under "Radio List". Radio dialog's are accessible via this menu
* Added: Beginnings of a "dead" interaction menu. This menu does not work right now.
* Added: a joinChannel API function
* Added: The beginning of server side tvt auto-channel switching
* Added: The beginning of enforced channel muting for out of game players
* Changed: New distortion engine re-written from scratch. It should not be so ear bleeding now.
* Changed: Carriers will, yet again, have direct issues. Sorry guys.
* Changed: Distortion engine got a re-vamp, sounds digital now.
* Fixed: Devide by zero error when inside vehicle with other players
* Fixed: Sometimes you just couldnt talk to people or hear them in flight
* Fixed: Script error spam while in vehicles
* Fixed: TS3 crashes
* Fixed: You would go global when going directly into game as a spectator
* Fixed: isSpectator is now respected correctly
* Fixed: Spatialization Delay for MPPT pushes is now gone
* Fixed: isRadio now checks properly against crappy equipment and returns correctly.
* Fixed: Sometimes radios would stop working until you dropped/picked them back up
* Fixed: Starting a mission with a radio on ACE back would make the radio not register correctly.
* Fixed: The 3d attenuation "carrier bug" is gone now (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/32)
* Fixed: Build errors
* Added: ACRE now has an interact and self interact key. Default to LALT+LSHIFT+Q for interact, LALT+LSHIFT+E for self interact (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/46)
* Changed: The "transmitting hint" dialog now has a yellow border that instant goes on/off when you transmit/let go (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/28)
* Changed: Action menu items for remote radio usage are gone. Now uses ACRE Interact key (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/46)
* Changed: BTRs, BMPs, Bradley's and M113's should now attenuate realistically
* Fixed: RETRANS NOW WORKS AGAIN BITTTCHHHHESSSS (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/1)
* Fixed: Issue with having to run everything as admin cropped back in again. Smashed and fixed again.
* Fixed: MPPT_1 was not working when you only had 1 radio (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/38)
* Fixed: Hint for the first MPPT radio was not working (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/37)
* Fixed: Z-Axis was not working for 3d positional audio (as in it was 2d, not 3d) (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/32)
* Fixed: The "half-second hearing a person global when they die" bug came back. Smashed again. (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/41)
* Fixed: using addWeapon with a new radio, not an existing ID in respawn scripts, previously was causing error (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/43)
* Fixed: Make acre_arma2 require caweapons (Fixes http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/45)
* Fixed: Using the remote radio of an AI now works correctly (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/47)
* Fixed: Using a persons radio remotely would sometimes break (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/47)
* Fixed: Having your radio open when someone else used it would cause GUI syncing errors (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/47)
* Fixed: If you JIPed at a long distance the JIP player would not register and would be global (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/54)
* changed: Updated api version for next ts3 beta (pre12)
* fixed: Base radios would error on respawn. Respawn now with gear scripts should not be broken. Fixes the 'beta bug'
* fixed: Compound attenuation between vehicles would make you not able to scream between hmmvs
* fixed: Atv's inherited cars attenuation. They now do not attenuate
* added: Game disruption features implemented.
* added: Jayarma2lib and dsound.dll verbose error reporting (and annoying beeps when your install of them is bad)
* added: Acre now fades in and out in sync with ace wounds; people also cant hear you when you fade out.
* change: Ace combatdeaf now makes ts3 volume fade just like in game volume
* fixed: Ace on-back now works and doesn't cause ctds. It works 100% now
* fixed: Certain scenarios where when you died values didnt get reset correctly
* fixed: Radio's disappearing or not working with certain respawn scripts
* fixed: Performance internal fixes related to death and respawn
* fixed: Xeh postinit timely fashion error
* fixed: Whoever made the bmd/bmp models did not properly name their turned out animations. This is now compensated for by acre.
* fixed: Issue where randomly radio's would stop working until you dropped it and picked it up.
* fixed: Crash/hang issue for windows xp users
* fixed: Ace uncon/deaf would allow you to hear everyone
* changed: Direct volume tweaked slightly for close distances
* fixed: Memory leak concerning ts3 plugin messages
* fixed: Issue where you would stop transmitting on radio with vad if you took a breath
* fixed: Ace earplugs in/out a bunch of times decreased ts3 volume permenently (how the fuck would ssg(hi pelle) even find this bug!??!!?)
* fixed: Apparently ace combat deaf did not make you deaf with acre and no one bothered to tell me. This is not true anymore.
* fixed: Ace wounds overhaul system now supported. Acre now fades with unconciousness fading
* changed: Direct volume attenuation finalized
* fixed: Squawk volumes finalized
* fixed: Error code now reports for duplicate pipe error. Please provide error code in popup
* added: Api function to change what the default replacement for itemradio is
* added: Isspeaking api now works on the local player, you can check if he is speaking and/or on radio
* added: Acre_api_fnc_setradiovolume and acre_api_fnc_getradiovolume for manipulating radio volumes
* changed: Increased timeout times to compensate for low fps disconnects
* changed: Squawks are now spatialized and volume attenuated correctly for your receiving radio
* changed: Picking up a new radio will no longer set it as active if you already have a radio
* fixed: Squawks would sometimes not hit for squawk on or off of a remote transmission
* fixed: You could not hear other players talk on radio or direct while you were talking (when on same freq)
* fixed: Robot voices / static when you are dead and waiting to respawn and players are far away from you
* fixed: Api spectator flag wasnt being respected.
* fixed: Picking up a radio would not set your active radio correctly
* fixed: Issue where radio transmissions would not be recieved
* fixed: Mppt spatialization now does not lag
* added: Multi-ptt system re-enabled and fixed
- still uses the userconfig pttalternative configurations. Defaulted to shift+ctrl+1/2/3
- known issue: When receiving a mppt transmission, spatialization currently lags ~20ms
* added: Ptt key modifers are now respected in ts3 (you can now use shift/ctrt/alt combinations in userconfig)
* changed: Direct volume re-worked to a scaled down inverse-square
* fixed: Spatializing radio is now 100% to your left or right ear.
* fixed: Misc. Hang fixes
* fixed: Prc-343 ch8 & ch9 were the same frequency
* fixed: Load/unload acre & mission-end bug's hopefully fixed
* fixed: The "beta-man bug" is officially destroyed. Beta can now play with us. Rejoice!
* fixed: Mitigated "cut out" mid-sentance bug
* fixed: Issue where sometimes you couldn't use/hear radio transmissions after respawns
* fixed: Hang at the end of a mission or on disconnect fixed
* fixed: Lower/raise headset now appears in *all* vehicles
* fixed: Fixed a memory leak causing ts3 to peak at ~150mb memory usage
* fixed: Fuckup release fix
* fixed: Ts3 now resets correctly at end of a map
* fixed: Random muting is now gone again. Woops. Sorry guys. I suck
* fixed: Hanging at mission reset fixed
* fixed: Load/unload plugin wasnt working
* changed: 3d attenuation was too quiet. Its now been turned up
* changed: Radio volume was too quiet. Its now been turned up
* fixed: Squawks on's should now only happen for channels your actually listening to
* fixed: Dead channel caused global voices and robot voices
* fixed: (asthetic) sometimes you would be muting yourself in teamspeak.
* fixed: Sometimes at the end of game random muting would occur. This should be fixed
* fixed: You could not hear a person on direct talking on a different radio frequency.
* fixed: Version mismatch popup should now not happen
* fixed: Ts3 would hang if you had internet connectivity issues
* added: New hand-held radio, the an/prc-152 (by steffen frandsen, thanks!)
* added: Debug version of acre with a debug dialog. May/may not be released public
* changed and wtf: Full and complete plugin overhaul in expectancy of new ts3
- new ts3 is probably going to suck ass, so we expanded support with b36
- approximately a 70% code re-write for stability and design
- new distortion engine (complete overhaul)
- new, flexible internals allows for faster and stable feature dev in future
- this code is epic. Should be much, much, much more stable
* changed: Left/right ear radios should now be louder
* removed: Multi-ptt has been disabled again until it can be re-worked
* fixed: Due to plugin re-write, death muting and jip muting should be much more stable
* fixed: No more 15-second reset timer
* fixed: If your radio volume is 0, you just hear a person on direct
* fixed: You can now raise/lower your headset in a vehicle
* fixed: Wheeled apc's had incorrect attenuation class
* fixed: Clientside cba post-init warning
* fixed: Dropping radios would not actually make the radio go away 100%
* fixed: Switching the 117f to 'off' would cause wierd results
* finally! Actually fixed the ts3 permission issue. No longer have to run as admin. Swear to god.
* fixed: Inconsistenty in prc-117f volume display
* added: Integrated prc-343 volume knob images, thanks gmt2001!
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Tags: No tags
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.