BAS f is a framework: an MP mission folder containing a library of scripts, functions and template files, plus a manual. The framework is designed to provide the mission designer, after minimal additional configuration, with a selection of pre-tested features and functionality intended to improve the overall quality and re-playability of his/her mission.
Since BAS f is a framework, and not a template, the design of the actual mission is completely open; the framework is intended only to save time for the designer by providing components such as weather selections that work with join-in-progress (JIP), or pre-configured gear selections for re-equipping soldiers during the mission briefing. For many components care has also been taken to localise messages and texts (where used) into several languages (German, Czech, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French).
Importantly, all components of the framework are fully explained in the manual, feature extensive commenting within script files, and each can be disabled if desired. The manual is designed to guide the mission designer through the full configuration process, as well as provide instructions for optional components.
BAS f is aimed at the new ArmA mission designer, although it is not intended for complete beginners. To use BAS f the mission designer should have a basic understanding of:
How to open the MP mission editor
How to place and edit units, triggers, waypoints and markers in the editor
The ArmA scripting syntax (for .sqf files)
The roles of key files: description.ext and init.sqf
The role of script files (.sqf files)
If a mission designer has already created his/her first few missions, everything in BAS f should be relatively straightforward. In addition, mission designers with intermediate experience may also find BAS f useful as a time-saver, or as the basis for their own personal base framework(s).
BAS, and its partners, plans to continually evolve this framework, and will also explore the creation of specialised versions catering for specific mission types.
* Sahrani (ShackTac mission template)
* United Sahrani
* Sakakah Al Jawf
* Malden (Cold War Re-armed Mod)
* Winter Kolgujev (Cold War Re-armed Mod)
- Load Screen Text
- Respawn Settings
- Configurable Playable Slots
- Conditions Selector
- Gear Snippets (inc. v1.05 weapons)
- Automatic Body Removal
- Multiplayer Ending Controller
- Debug Mode
- BAS Server Logic
- BAS f Common Local Variables
- Briefing File Template (Coop Version)
- ReadMe File Template
The following mini-guides and optional components are intended to provide your mission with extra features such as automatic team-killer punishment, or restricted vehicle crews. Each component has been pre-integrated within BAS f, but is disabled by default. Included in this version of the BAS f framework:
- AI Skill Selector (Attack & Defend Version)
- Authorised Crew Check
- Authorised Crew Type Check
- Kegetys' Spectator Script for ArmA
- Dynamic View Distance
- Multi-side Briefing File Template
- Hide Enemy Objectives
- Casualty Cap
- Casualty Cap (Advanced)
- Automatic Body Removal (FIFO Version)
- ShackTactical: Group IDs component
- ShackTactical: Markers
- ShackTactical: Markers (Addon Version)
- ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers
- ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers (Addon Version)
- ShackTactical: Briefing File Template (Coop Version)
- ShackTactical: Briefing File Template (Attack & Defend Version)
- ShackTactical: CoC CEX Support
- ShackTactical: kevb0's Wounding Script
- ShackTactical: kevb0's Outtro Script
- ShackTactical: ShackTac f (Sahrani)
To begin using the Software:
1. Move these folders
into one of the following directories:
\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\YourPlayerName\MPMissions\
2. Open the file 'BAS_f_v1-1_Manual_EN.pdf' (for English version) and follow the instructions contained therein.
Contributors: Fer | Kronzky | Rom | Raedor | Kegetys | eJay | burningtrees | Redkid Joker | Headspace | ViperMaul | zx64 | kevb0 | Mandoble | Red Barron
Translators: Donnervogel | Serclaes | Messiah2 | Gaia | FireflyPL | Kanotson | Varry | W0lle | Nikita Kaspersky | Rainbow
Documentation: Fer | Kegetys | Serclaes | Messiah2
Special Thanks: Dux | kevb0 | Tigershark | Dslyecxi | Rhodite | Opteryx | henk | bluedingo
Special Thanks: Everyone at TimeZone Warriors <TZW> | Everyone at ShackTactical
BAS f is composed of many components. Each component is (c) 2007 its respective contributor(s). All rights reserved.
BAS f (hereafter 'Software') contains files to be used in the PC CD-ROM simulator "Armed Assault" (hereafter 'ArmA'). To use the Software you must agree to the following conditions of use:
1. The term 'Software' specifically excludes the file 'mission.sqm'.
2. The contributors of individual components of the Software (hereafter 'The Contributors') grant to you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the Software for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and distributing non-commercial simulation content for ArmA.
3. The commercial exploitation of any game content created using the Software without written permission from The Contributors is expressly prohibited.
4. Reverse-engineering, or other conversion of the Software for use with any game except ArmA without written permission from The Contributors is expressly prohibited.
5. The Software may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.
The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.
Tags: No tags