, [KH] Paul
informed us about the first DLC release for the Operation Arrowhead expansion.
ArmA 2: British Armed Forces will be deployed exclusively for PC on 26th August 2010. It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99
Quote ArmA2.com :
Bohemia Interactive is pleased to announce the reinforcement of Operation Arrowhead - British Armed Forces are to provide a surge in support of the ongoing coalition deployment in Takistan!
Less than two months after Operation Arrowhead successfully routed the Takistani military regime, NATO coalition forces face a large-scale outbreak of guerilla insurgency. A mechanized force of British troops are about to deploy and embark upon a large-scale counter-insurgency campaign, which will define the future of the coalition presence in Takistan: Operation "Crimson Lance".
Two months after the Allied military victory in Takistan, the new government is restoring the war-torn country. NATO forces assisting in this effort face the threat of insurgency, waged by the remnants of the defeated Takistani army in the mountaineous regions of Takistan. Company team of British paratroopers patrolling the treacherous mountains in Zargabad's vicinity is ordered to battle the amassing guerilla warriors.
The development of the brand new content has demanded engine updates, resulting in unique features and new gameplay options. The fully modelled artillery and mortar strikes and the extension of the engineer class to include new duties - such as vehicle repair and bomb disposal - add a new depth of realism to the most authentic mil-sim available.
"The ongoing enthusiasm and incredible passion of our community continues to inspire and encourage us" said Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO, "to that end, we're excited to invite them back to Takistan for another slice of tactical action. This downloadable content is both an answer to their wishes and evidence of our commitment to providing quality post release support and content to the already huge Armaversum."
This brand new faction, with a large number of units, vehicles and models, will redouble the allied efforts in this volatile Central-Asian nation - available as a download at the end of August as 'Arma 2: British Armed Forces'.
Arma 2: British Armed Forces key features:
- New vehicles and weapons
- Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage
- Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher
- New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior
- New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)
- British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship
- Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles
- New single player campaign
- Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerilla force and counterinsurgency operations.
- Multiplayer modes
- Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.
- Engine Improvements
- Extension of the Engineer's role
- Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units
Click Read more... to see more screenshots.