The purpose of this mod is to update Vilas' West Weapons Pack
and Russian Weapons Pack
to Operation Arrowhead standard.
Among the things updated are the inclusion of OA's new zeroing system for weapons that should have them (to the best of my knowledge), new icons for all weapons that Vilas didn't already provide icons for, a few new sounds for several weapons (APS, APB, M60, M60E3, RPG-22, RPG-26, SKS, G3, AS Val, FN MAG), improved and cleaned up the text from the mod and made it easy to add additional language support, and finally the disposable launchers (RPG-22, RPG-26, RPO-A) make use of Inko's Disposable Launchers system.
The names of a few vanilla BIS weapons were changed to help to both distinguish them from their Vilas counterparts and to give them more accurate names. The BIS RPK is now RPK-74, BIS FN FAL is now FN FAL 50.63,
A small bug with the Galil ARM was fixed that caused it to fire extemely slow (at about 65 rounds per minute). It now has the correct fire rate.
The following magazines have been added or changed:
- A 75-round 7.62x39mm drum magazine for the RPK added
- A 50-round 5.56x45mm box magazine for the Galil ARM added
- FFV502 HEDP round added to Carl Gustav
- The PYa magazine contains 7N21 rounds, which have a much higher peak pressure (and thus muzzle velocity) than the NATO standard 9x19mm rounds. More info can be found here under "SP-10"
- The BHP magazine has been reduced in size to 12 rounds, as most military accounts have stated they only loaded that many rounds to reduce feed problems and spring issues
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
Included .pbo files:
* Due to my limited monolingustic capabilities, the mod is only available in English. If anyone is interested in providing a translation, I have provided the strings table file (can be opened in Notepad). I will gladly add any translation to future versions of the mod with due credit.
* Several of Vilas' weapons are not shown in the Armory; this is intentional. They are still in the mod, but do not show up in the armory to help reduce the amount of duplicate weapons that show up. Examples include the AKM, AKS-74, and PKM.
* When the RPG-22 and RPG-26 tubes are dropped (as part of INKO Disposable), the ground model is the RPG-18. This is because, for whatever reason, the actual RPG-22 and RPG-26 models don't actually fall to the ground when dropped but instead float away from the user at a perpendicular angle to the ground. This is outside my ability to fix, as the model itself would need tweeking.
Credits & thanks:
I make no claim on the icons or text entries in this mod. If Vilas, or anyone else, wants to use the icons or string entries in their own mod, please do so, just give credit. In fact, I very much welcome Vilas to use anything he wants from this mod in his next release.
Vilas for his addons and permission to release this edited version.
- Added changes to Vilas' ammo boxes
- Edited Carl Gustav; now has two different rounds
- Improved strings table
- Fixed compatibility with ANZIN's weapons mod
- Fixed issues with some weapons being set to private
- Fixed texture issue with Galil ARM
- Initial release
- BI forums
- West weapons pack
- Russian weapons pack
- INKO Disposable