This adds the HMS Queen Elizabeth, Royal Navy Future Aircraft Carrier.
Here is my first addon ready enough for release to the community. It is not in a "final" stage and will be improved as I continue to learn how to do things It is a (for the time being) static aircraft carrier, with more probably to be added to it in the future, following the release of my Nimitz. Please feel free to comment on any flaws you find or what it needs. Note this was made with/for ArmA 2. I think it works in OA/CO but there's some weird slight graphical issue.
* Umm, it's a floating STOVL airfield
* Animated elevators, jet blast deflector, radar
* Large internal hangar bay
* Automated Phalanx turrets and Sea Sparrows launchers (see note in Readme file)
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
Included .pbo files:
- When taking off using the ski ramp, the plane’s gear will almost certainly break. This is temporarily remedied (until a later version) by a script that will fully repair the plane moments after taking off.
- When taking off using the ski ramp, the plane may quickly decelerate to a near-stop near the end of the ramp. It is helpful to have your flaps down and be pulling up as you are taking off, or simply take-off with Auto Hover on.
- Due to engine limitations there’s no real gravity. If the ship moves, things will slide off. If an object is on an elevator and it then begins to move up or down, the object will stay as if frozen in place. To get an aircraft or other vehicle to move with the elevator, you must be inside of it, with the engine on. If you are not moving with the elevator, just move forward ever so slightly, a simple nudge is all it takes for the vehicle to “realize” that what its sitting on is moving and it will move with it.
Credits & Thanks:
All models, textures, etc created by JDog.
All scripts written by JDog unless/except where noted in internal comments.
This HMS Queen Elizabeth and the also-currently-WIP USS Nimitz are my first two addons for ArmA 2. I am very grateful to everyone who has helped me on the BI Forums in any amount, especially Gnat for his support while I was learning all the basics, and Mandoble for one-on-one support refining the turrets. Also thanks to the posters on the WIP thread who make putting the time into this through my busy schedule make it seem worth it, knowing people are looking forward to it.
Thanks to Bohemia Interactive for making such a great game that the community can contribute to and build upon.
- Inital release to community
- BI forums
- Mando Missile ArmA for Arma 2
- Phalanx and Ak-630 CIWS