Dynamic Cache Hunt
Every round opfor need to defend randomly placed caches, while bluefor try to detroy them before time runs out. Bluefor start at a slightly random distance and completely random direction away from the caches. Before every round the caches will be marked on the map for both sides, however while bluefor can see their own starting position, opfor cannot and therefore does not know where the attack will come from even if bluefor decide to rush in a straight line.
There is no medical system and no medics in this mission. With the current alternatives, unfortunately this is the most realistic option. For this mission though this actually works great gameplay-wise, so have no worries.
Mission can be enjoyed with any number of players between 4 and 50.
Features and mission parameters adjustable by admin:
Note: If you don't want to get into setting parameters, default parameters are designed to work well.
Best of X rounds
- Sets maximum number of rounds. Increase for less server restarts and possibly more city destruction. Default 11.
- When time runs out, bluefor loses. May need to decrease for low player counts and possibly increase for extremely high player counts or extremely patient players. Default 10 minutes.
Last Players Countdown
- Time limit gets cut down to this value when there are less than 20% or only 1 attacker (west) left alive. May need to slightly increase for extremely high or extremely low player counts. Default 105 seconds.
- Time given to set up between rounds. That is, change gear, check the map for new objective locations and some planning. Might need to be increased for more organized play, or decreased when using preset loadouts (see next parameter). Default 60 seconds.
- "Custom" means players pick their gear from a crate. Other settings will give the players weapons based on their class, including a claymore for each player (which can work for blowing up an ammo cache) as well as a LAW launcher for each attacker. "Standard" gives standard modern weapons (mostly M4A1s and AK-74Ms) while "old fashioned" gives old weapons (mostly M16A2s and AKMs).
- Play either during the day, or at night with either 1/4 moon, 1/2 moon or 3/4 moon, to suit the style of game you want to play. All settings are also playable with nightvision disabled.
- "No" nightvision, "NV" for night vision goggles only, or "thermal" for night vision goggles and MX2A. If night with no night vision is chosen, flares are provided in the default loadouts, and in the preset loadouts for squad leaders and grenadiers.
- Same as night vision, but for weapon sights. Relevant for custom loadouts and marksman and scoped MG preset loadouts.
- "Faction only" gives west only US weapons and east only Takistan weapons (though Takistan had its armory extended a bit). "Side only" adds non-US weapons such as G36 and HK416 to west and weapons such as SA-58 to east. "All weapons" option is also available to give both sides equal availability of weapons. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is faction only.
- Sets the maximum weapon "size" - "Pistols", "SMGs", "SMGs/shotguns", "rifles", "heavy" (such as light machinegunes) and "very heavy" (such as medium machineguns). Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "heavy".
- Sets the maximum caliber weapons allowed - "5.56 / 5.45", "5.56 / 5.45 / 7.62X39", "7.62X51 / 7.62X54 / 9X39", "50cal" and "25mm". Affects custom loadouts only. Default "5.56 / 5.45 / 7.62X39" (for M16s, AKs and light machineguns).
- Sets the available types of explosives. None means no explosives of any type. "Light" allows grenades and grenade launcher rounds. "Light/satchels" adds satchels. "Light/satchels/mines" adds mines as well. "Light/satchels/mines/advanced mines" adds things like claymores and other more advanced mines added by ACE. "Everything" allows everything, including explosive rocket launcher ammo all the nasty toys that ACE provides. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "light/satchels/mines/advanced mines".
- Disables/enables any scoped weapons. Note that this does not enable sniper rifles if you do not choose to allow 7.62X51/7.62X54 caliber weapons. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "yes".
- "Light" allows disposable launchers only. "Medium" adds M136s RPGs (and only to east if "faction weapons" isn't set to "all weapons"). Heavy adds everything else, but without explosive rockets if "explosives" is not set to "everything". Only affects custom loadouts. Default is "light".
Crew served weapons
- Sets availability of crew served weapons. "None" will allow nothing, "machineguns" will allow machineguns only and "everything" will allow everything (including automatic grenade launchers and heavy AT rockets). Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "none".
- Sets availability of special forces weapons. "None" will allow non-SF weapons only. "Non-SD" allows special forces weapons that don't have suppressors. "SD included" enables suppressed weapons as well. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "none".
- Sets availability of future weapons, as in, weapons that aren't really used in the present. Mostly includes SCARs and M110s. "No" disallows those weapons while "yes" allows them. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "no".
High Capacity Magazines
- Sets availability of high capacity magazines that are usable in rifles. "None" allows only standard magazines, "light" allows the smaller types and "large" allows all of them. Affects custom loadouts only. Default is "none".
Note: that default parameters are recommended and should provide good balance. While there are many possible parameters that can be adjusted and still provide great gameplay, some parameter options are "at your own risk". For example setting launchers and explosives to heavy at the same time will probably result in SMAW HEDP and/or RPG-29 TBG spam, and pistols only might not be all that great. But feel free to experiment! Non-SD SF weapons, future weapons, and faction weapons set to "everything" can be nice depending on what kind of equipment you like to play with. Night without nightvision can definitely work, especially with higher moon settings. Higher caliber and/or even settings weapon to "very heavy" settings may be good too, though keep in mind everyone might be selecting those higher caliber and/or heavier weapons which might not give a very realistic feel. Even setting explosives OR launchers to "heavy" can work too, if you want lots of buildings destroyed or lots of traps placed around.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.
Porting mission to other islands:
Porting is very straight-forward - requires a simple copy-paste of the mission, adjusting the bottom-left and top-right empty markers which set the possible objective spawn area as well as the "bases" where dead players spawn, re-arm and spectate between rounds. Starting distance may need to be adjusted. Check init.sqf for more details.
HuntIR and less lethal weapons now have their own parameters. Default settings have them disabled.
Cache location marker for attackers is now only an approximate position.
Imbalanced parameters are now listed in the parameter screen and a message will be shown for everyone at the start of the mission if imbalanced parameters were chosen.
Hopefully fixed some JIP issues.
Made some fixes to the description
Some fixes for minor/rare issues
Added all ACE 1.7 equipment.
Added new parameter for enabling/disabling high-capacity magazines that are usable in rifles (45-round AK-74, 75-round AKM, 100-round Beta C-Mag).
- BI forums
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - USNavy
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - RU
- Community Base addons OA