Baraka & burns
With the download of cal.68 Mod for ArmA2 you´re now able to turn your favourite wargame into a family friendly sports-simulator.
This mod is primarily catered for MP use and most of it´s functions depend on the unit shooting you being another player in an MP environment. If one or both conditions aren´t met, you won´t see special effects or functionalities.
We have included a module for SP use though, that enables all functionality outside of MP and works with AI units. (see Page 6 „Modules“ for more information)
• Some functions (e.g. invulnerability) will make it impossible for you to play non-paintball missions with cal.68 Mod on, at least not in an
orderly, non cheating manner. Invulnerability stems from using „handle damage Eventhandlers“, a neccessary evil.
• Server operators beware, only allow cal.68 signatures when you are sure that no players will take advantage of such exploits.
• Several masks can be selected from your ArmA2 player profile. cal.68 Mod doesn´t model eye injuries yet, but you never know when
this might change - safety first - always wear your eye protection when playing paintball!
• Assigning the „Fire“ action to a second mousebutton enables you to walk the trigger - almost like you would do in real life. Trained players outshoot their opponent with accuracy through volume using this technique.
* 2 SupAir objects sets
* and various other furniture objects
* 7 Paintball markers
* 4 Paintball players and 1 referee
* 6 sorts of paintballs
* 4 protectional masks
* 4 MP Missions
* custom damage handling
* custom hit fx in 1st person view
* custom sound fx
* ..and probably alot of fun if you like Paintball!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
Included .pbo files:
cal.68 SP - enables cal.68 script handling for single player use. Without this module in place you won´t see any hit fx and also be invulnerable to any damage.
cal.68 killME - enables lethal paintballs (for classic CTF compatibility).
Be aware that you´re still shooting paintballs, lethality decreases drastically with higher distance to the target.
cal.68 Respawnzone - put this Module in the exact place where you want units to be teleported to after being hit three
Note: Paintball is a fair sport, friendly & enemy sides share the same respawn location.
*(current standard value, might change in the future.)
Modules are an ArmA2 feature that makes it easier for mission editors to employ scripted functions. Various modules are selectable from within the mission editor, under the F7 tab.
Credits & Thanks:
Baraka … Models & Textures
burns … Configs, Sounds, 2d
with special thanks to
Drill Sergeant … Brass Marauder (OFP)
Christian1987 … Brass Marauder conversion
Hammergut … Sounds
Moerderhoschi … Missions
da12thMonkey … L22 animation
TeRp … Inspiring Guru
Xeno … Scripts & High-End solutions
Bohemia Interactive … the game
- added: colored hit cloudlets
- fixed: ugly dirt cloudlets
- fixed: unit rvmats (wounds)
- fixed: bad updating baseclass .rpt message in OA
- improved: objects config
- improved: removed cartridge sound
- change: put fancy readme on revision
- BI forums
- Community Base Addons