At this time this addon contains USMC F/A-18F variant, US Navy F/A-18F, and RAAF F/A-18F.
This by no means is 100% (more or less 95%) completed. I am releasing this early because I would like to work out the bugs and also cannot give my total attention to working on it, so I thought it would be better to let the public enjoy what I have so far and update it as we go.
There are no major issues, except an error when you crash...so dont crash ;)
I am hoping to give you as much information as possible so you will be able to operate it successfully. But you will have to do some experiementing yourself to get aquainted with the controls.
Installation: Make sure you delete any previos versions of 2_MAW!!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Aircraft can be found under:
Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)
Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)
Blufor > RAAF > No. 1 Squadron (1SQN)
USMC Pilot can be found under:
Blufor > USMC > Men > USMC Fighter Pilot
USN Pilot can be found under:
Blufor > US Navy > Men > USN Fighter Pilot
this animate ["l_wingfold",1]
this animate ["r_wingfold",1]
this animate ["canopy",1]
Video by Derbysieger
I have decided to release this version because it has been sitting on my shelf for months now. Many of the previous problems have been fixed, however, there are still several things that need to be addressed. I will work on them when I have time.
Credits & thanks:
And many more out there in the community... thank you!
- fixed missing a weapon.cfg
- Cant remember all of the fixes I have done...
v1.8 (with a special thanks to Mandoble)
FIXED: Damper now works perfectly!!
FIXED: Lift envelope was off (plane took off by itself at like 150 km/hr)
IMPROVED: Afterburner flame
FIXED: Chernarus lag (tested with 5 F/A-18 vers 5 SU-34, only lagged once and that was during an explosion)
ADDED: Extended_Eventhandler (CBA Required)
ADDED: Two more US Navy fighters
ADDED: New MFD 3 with startup
ADDED: Indicator Lights with startup
REWORKED: The whole addon, rewrote scripts from .sqs to .sqf, removed scripts, renamed classnames of aircraft, renamed addon to MAR tag. (A big thanks goes out to Franze and the ones that helped him with the original F/A-18.)
FIXED: AI landing gear issue (still havent had a chance to check them landing)
FIXED: LOD issue
REVERTED: Back to vanilla ArmA II useraction Gear Up/Gear Down
STARTED: Working on new added bonuses with Mandoble.
v1.7 (removed due to errors)
REMOVED: F/A-18F marker
FIXED: Engage Afterburner action
IMPROVED: I really like the new textures (Thanks F2F_BHO and tromac)
IMPROVED: The afterburner flame
SPECIAL THANKS: USMC (#2)[GLT]MYKE, (#3)F2F_BHO, (#4)FRANZE, (#5)MANDOBLE, / US Navy (00)JDOG in appreciation for helping me your names are on each of those numbered planes and along with a special WSO!!!
FINISHED: Startup sequence for MFD 1, MFD 2 (I have more plans for them in the future)
CHANGED: HUD color
FIXED: takeoff speed actually it is now around 175!
FIXED: Can use player profile face with pilot
FIXED: Canopy angle to high when open, Bottom of canopy should almost pass through top of WSO seat.
DID THE BEST THAT I CAN AT THIS MOMENT ON THE DAMPERS...THEY STILL NOT THE BEST BUT I FEEL IN TIME THEY WILL BE
ADDED: No. 1 Squadron of the Royal Austrailian Air Force (Textures done wonderfully by tromac!!)
IMPLEMENTED: hiddenselections on the planes so the file will stay small and faster..
WIP: the cockpit might have some black areas that should have textures.. i know about that and actually am planning on redoing the cockpit. will be on later update.
CORRECTED LAND CONTACT POINT: plane was hovering a little should be good now.
* ADDED: Dampers to aircraft
* SCALED: Canopy a little down to real life scale
* FIXED: AI Landing gear issue (now retracts landing gear on takeoff, havent checked if it lowers on landing)
* FIXED: Units not getting in
* FIXED: landing crashes (doesnt damage as often)
* FIXED: US Navy faction error
* ADDED: PVS14 to pilot
* ADDED: Holster script (Thanks to Celery) (not working)
* IMPROVED: HUD Compass texture and HUD display
* FIXED: Flight Path Indicator and ILS
* IMPROVED: F/A-18 unit picture
* FOUND: Corrected something that removedAllWeapons from pilot.. I fixed it.
* IMPROVED: The user actions.. check them out!
* SOLVED: EJECTION FAIL issue (due to running ACE ejection )
* ADDED: Carrier Air wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)
* FIXED: useraction title "Lower Landing Gear" and "Retract Landing Gear"
* FIXED: ERROR "pvs14.p3d not found"
* ADDED: GEAR to Fighter Pilot ("Binocular_Vector","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemC ompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","M9")
* CHANGED: mar_pilot now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > Men > Fighter Pilot
* IMPROVED: mar_pilot addon, especially worked on helmet and rvmat.
* ADDED: Pilot now has control of machine gun with crosshair (Thanks to Tasel)
* FIXED: WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel) now optics include normal, nightvision, thermal white, thermal black.
* ADDED: zoom levels to WSO optics (Thanks to Tasel)
* RESOLVED: TAILHOOK ISSUE - But I think there might be still two actions that pop up, but I dont think they are on my part, because my useractions would be "Tailhook DOWN" and "Tailhook UP".
* REMOVED "F-18" which was really F35B
* FIXED Ejection error
* FIXED not positively sure but hopefully fixed the multiplayer landing gear issue.
* CHANGED now can be found under: Blufor > USMC > 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2MAW)
* COMING SOON: Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11) VFA-14: Blufor > US Navy > Carrier Air Wing Eleven (CVW-11)
* FIXED mar_pilot.. no longer running into invisible walls on Nimitz deck
* REMOVED extra "gear up' and 'gear down" actions
* FIXED Pilot View centered for all units
* FIXED Pilot RTM file so pilot is not situated nicely in cockpit
* RESOLVED Scaling Issue - I checked the dimensions of the F/A-18F and the model is nearly perfect on scale.
* FIXED: MMA - Need to make corrections on the ViewPilot view. pilots and gunners heads seems too off center (HIGH)
* FIXED (sort of) : I changed it back to green hud... I know the horizon bar turns... it will have to do for now until I fix it.
* FIXED: OPTICS ISSUE - Never had problem will look into it (MEDIUM)
* FIXED: PLAYER CAMERA PLACEMENT - Will work on this (HIGH)
* FIXED: TEXTURE - This is being worked on now (HIGH)
* FIXED: F/A-18 CANNOT BE LOCKED ONTO - had a little config issue, now enemy shoots at you, so keep your head down!
* FIXED :LANDING GEAR ISSUES - I added "GEAR DOWN (F/A-18F)" and "GEAR UP (F/A-18F)" use those for now until I figure out how to erase the others
* FIXED: COUNTER MEASURES (R button)- I added Countermeasures to the F/A-18F
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Tags: No tags
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.