BRDM2 model improvements for OA and additional BRDM2 models based on real-world variants. Numerous improvements added with online play in mind!
- Improved BRDM2 units and additional versions.
- Many model features built with multiplayer and veteran-level play in mind. Working hatches, improved dashboard, etc.
- The units are found under "Armor" in their respective factions.
- CDF-Independent units added. This expansion of the Independent forces should help to supplement the UNO faction and bring greater flexibility to missions.
- Texture sets and flags for all factions. Detailed infomation below.
- This mod only adds new units. It does not replace any existing units! Vehicle names for this mod were altered where conflicts exist: "BRDM2", "BRDM2-HQ", and "9P148" are the names of the new units in this mod. The original "BRDM-2", "BRDM-2 (HQ)", and "BRDM-2 (ATGM)" BIS units are unaffected.
- A sample mission with texture and animation examples is included.
Models and versions: Vehicles:
- BRDM2: Baseline standard BRDM2 armed with PKM and 14.5mm KPVT.
- BRDM2-M: Russian M model - PKM and 23mm KPVB armaments, right side muffler only, smoke launchers x6, searchlight, gunner spotlight.
- BRDM2-M-AGS: Russian M model with additional AGS17 vehicle launcher.
- 9P148: 9M113 Konkurs (AT5) ATGM model (improved model and AT5 behavior and reload times)
- 9P124: (AT2) ATGM model.
- 9P122: 9M14 Malyutka (AT3) ATGM model.
- 9P133: 9M14 Malyutka-P (AT3C) ATGM model.
- BRDM2-TOW: IDF converted captured BRDM units with open-top TOW launcher and smoke launchers. Many of these were recently purchased by the CDF.
- BRDM2-MG-M2: M2 GPMG open top conversion model used by CDF. Based on TOW model, that the CDF converted for an armored border patrol vehicle.
- BRDM2-MG-M240: M240 MG open top conversion model used by CDF, similar to M2 MG model. Based on TOW model.
- BRDM2-Mk19: Mk19 GL open top conversion model used by CDF, similar to M2 MG model. Based on TOW model.
- BRDM2-MG-M134: M134 MG open top conversion model used by PMC. Based on TOW model. PMC purchased these from CDF to supplement their patrol capabilities. Same armor as Armored SUV!
- BRDM2-Police (barricade): Police model with fence barricade and spotlight based on real-world vehicle. Used by both civilian and military factions. Transport cargo equipped with selected police armaments.
- BRDM2-Police (patrol): Armored police patrol model with light bar and spotlight based on real-world vehicle. No barricade on this model.
- BRDM2-HQ: HQ model with antenna hubs and "gunner" position. Equipped with additional radios. Can be used to simulate availability of command and support options.
- BRDM2-HQ-C2: HQ command-control model with deployable observation mast. Laser designator is primary weapon. This model is intended to simulate various real-world "command vehicles". Perfect for MP use!
- BRDM2-MG-PKM: Dual-gun PKT Model with dual mounted PKTs and gunner turret hatch. Model converted from chemical reconnaissance version (BRDM-2-RKhb). New magazines (and tracers) to provide adequate ammunition supply.
- BRDM2-RKT: Improvised rocket pod mount used by rebels and insurgents. Modelled after real world vehicle mods. Uses S-8 Launcher (Russian aircraft rocket pod) with proper 32 round 80mm rocket magazine. Pod is mounted to main gunner turret to allow AI to use weapon.
- BRDM2-ASRAD: Air Defense model using the ASRAD short-range air defense system. Stinger missiles are default armament on the CDF version. The ASRAD targeting system is less susceptible to countermeasures and provides very short acquisition and engagement times.
- BRDM2-DSHK: Modified BRDM-2 with .50 cal DSHK main gun used mostly by rebels and insurgents with limited resources.
9M113 (AT5), 9M111 (AT4), 9M14-F (AT3c) and 9M14 (AT3) static launchers are modelled to enhance AT crew capabilities. Static Launcher / Backpack classnames listed at the end of this document.
- Using the static launchers you can enhance AT scenarios that can have an AT3/AT3c/AT4/AT5 static launcher deployed in ambush alongside a launcher vehicle. This is apparently a tactic used by real-world AT units to enhance their effectiveness. A proper simulation would include RPG units to round out the perimeter. Groups have been created to simulate this deployment.
- The static launchers can be disassembled to backpacks for storage in vehicle cargo, like any of the OA static equipment.
- The static launchers have their own ammo! The ammo cannot be shared from the vehicle to the static launcher without scripting.
- Static launchers all have a deployable camo net. Camo for desert/woodland selections that vary by faction.
- To avoid excessive backpacks cluttering up the editor, only East/West/Independent and E/W/I Desert units and backpacks are modelled!
Texture Sets and Hidden Selections are completely documented in the readme!
Texture Sets for every faction and logo/decal emblems. Support for custom squad logos via use of the hiddenselectiontextures (see readme).
Groups added for every model and static launchers to support ACM.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included .pbo files:
Please read the included readme for classnames and all other editing info.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to BIS for releasing the original Arma1 models and making such great games! I've been a fan since the original OFP demo!
BRDM2IMP Mod by hcpookie
Credit to Vilas for police emblem texture, police light textures and police light bar model (adapted from his public MLOD release).
Credit to Xeno426 (of TGW) for giving me the idea of the "stored fuel" variable to ensure parked vehicles when deployables are used, and for the weapon zero settings.
Thanks to W0lle and the CRW2 team for providing guidance on the destroyable tires!
Thanks to Gnat for the great O2 tutorials.
Thanks to Foxhound for the mirrors!
Thanks to all who answered my questions on the forums!
Models based on Arma1 sample models. This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games! You are free to do anything you wish with it so long as it is for a BIS game!
- Fixed some minor issues
- FIX: AI Targeting issue (zamerny point not centered).
- FIX: Some thermal textures not mapped properly.
- FIX: Aiming reticle on 9M14 was not centered.
- FIX: 9M14 3D model turret movement.
- NEW: Readme updated with more comprehensive information!
- NEW: Revised camo patterns: Russian Modern Camo, Desert Tan camo (Takistan Locals), PMC Black, PMC Grey, Police Civilian Blue, UN white
- NEW: Revised camo netting patterns (see below).
- FIX: Minor texture mapping issues
- FIX: Shadow model issue
- FIX: MG M2 Model issue
- FIX: Police barricade texture issue
- FIX: Police Door issue (getin-getout)
- NEW: DSHK version outfitted for use by insurgents with limited resources.
- NEW: Tires can be damaged/destroyed! "Newer" versions (BRDM-2M; BRDM-2M-AGS; BRDM2-ASRAD) have slightly higher armor settings to simulate run-flat tires. Thanks to W0lle and the CRW2 team for providing guidance on adding this feature!
- NEW: Police roadblock barriers. New signs are found under "Empty > Objects (Signs)". Road barriers with "Stop/Halt", "Police", and "Military Police" signs in Arabic/Czech, Arabic/English, and Arabic/Russian. 9 new signs total. Translations should be correct.
- NEW: Police Lights, Siren and Horn. Animated dashboard switch for lights and siren. Lights modelled to be viewable in daylight by scripting hiddentextureselections.
- NEW: Driver-controlled deployable police checkpoint for the Police Patrol model. Similar to camo netting on combat models. Sign can be changed by using the hidden selection textures found on the new roadblock signs.
- NEW: "Newer" versions now have TI optics (BRDM-2M; BRDM-2M-AGS; BRDM2-TOW; BRDM2-ASRAD).
- NEW: Changed Static Launcher names (and backpacks) to BIS formats:
* 9M14 now appears as "Malutka 9M14 Launcher"
* 9K111 now appears as "Fagot 9M111 Launhcer"
* 9K113 now appears as "Konkurs 9M113 Launcher"
- FIX: Adjusted magazine capacities for KPV-B 23mm, KPVT 14.5mm, and PKT 7.62x54R magazines to more accurately model real magazine capacities. New magazine definitions!
- KPV-B 23mm magazine capacity/loadout now 10-50 rd mags
- KPVT 14.5mm magazine capacity/loadout now 10-50 rd mags
- PKT 7.62x54R magazine capacity/loadout now 8-250 rd mags
- FIX: KPV-B 23mm cannon now uses cannon sounds and reduced rate of fire.
- FIX: Minor texture issues on all models; also additional texture issues on ATGM units.
- FIX: Textures for NAPA/CHDKZ factions reversed. CHDKZ faction now uses "xxx_INS" textures (see below).
- FIX: Cleaned up onscreen user action prompts.
- FIX: Lighting issue with headlights.
- FIX: Thermal Images improved.
- FIX: Turret issues with gunner views in static launchers.
- FIX: Adjusted AT commander optics range of motion and camera location.
- FIX: Corrected minor issues with 3D models.
- FIX: Recoil animations adjusted for most guns.
- FIX: M240 and M134 gunner optic texture issue.
- FIX: Reverted to original BIS ATGM optic due to zoom centering issues.
- FIX: Surf board shadow animation.
NEW: Main turrets have OA-style zero ability!
NEW: Groups! Groups for every faction, suitable for spawn via ACM. Complete list at bottom of readme.
NEW: ASRAD Air Defense model using Stinger missiles.
NEW: 9K111 Fagot (aka "Bassoon") (aka Nato Designation: AT4) ATGM static launcher and 9M111 ammo.
NEW: 9P133 / 9M14-P (aka "Malyutka-P" / Nato Designation: "AT-3c") ATGM launch vehicle and static launcher.
NEW: Fuel capacity for 2M and 2M-AGS models extended by 25% as per real-life model.
NEW: Improved 3D model for co-axial PKT.
NEW: AT5 launcher can also use 9K111 AT4 missiles as per real-life model.
NEW: Map icons and unit pics for new models.
FIX: TOW Launcher AI targeting issue.
FIX: Corrected some model issues for Baseline, TOW, BRDM-2M, and BRDM-2M-AGS versions.
FIX: Smoke launchers were not working on some models.
FIX: Corrected commander periscope vertical angles (from 0 to -5).
FIX: Dual-PKT has proper tracer count.
FIX: Recoil animation missing from Dual-PKT guns.
FIX: Tail light and brake light texture issue. No more black boxes around lights.
FIX: "Placement slopelandcontact failed" error in RPT for both Police models. No more errors in RPT file!
NEW: Dual-gun PKT Model with dual mounted PKTs and gunner turret hatch.
NEW: Improvised rocket pod mount used by rebels and insurgents. Uses S8 rocket pod
NEW: Showcase Mission updated with new units.
NEW: NOW USING v2 KEYS! New pook_v2.bikey included!
NEW: Added several vehicles for Takistan Militia and Takistan Locals. Justification is that they captured some vehicles during the conflict. Additional vehicles BRDM-2M; BRDM-2MAGS; BRDM2-M2; BRDM2-M240.
NEW: Updated showcase mission also updated with additional models.
FIX: Missing turn-out gunner in HQ models
FIX: BRDM-HQ left front wheel not centered
FIX: Various texture issues
FIX: Missing camo net on some models
FIX: Window LOD issues
FIX: Empty "passenger" seats removed from certain models
FIX: HQ model "gunner" back seat
FIX: HQ LOD errors
FIX: LOD distance improvements
v0.9 Initial Release
- Units with texture sets for all sides factions. The camo texture sets can be replaced with camo1/camo2 hidden texture sets.
- Faction logo and unit textures. These can be altered with the hidden texture sets: "clan", "clan_sign", "clan_sign2". They can be "removed" by using the "clear_empty.paa" texture. Details in the Textures section below.
- Transport Cargo inventory w/ extra gear (gear varies by model and faction). Transport cargo can carry backpacks (up to 4). Police cargo stocked with appropriate "police" weapons!
- Thermal maps.
- Correct shadow LODs.
- Damage LODs.
- Adjusted distance settings for the lower-poly LODs.
- New units have matching in-game pics and icons.
- Reload times for some weapons adjusted to be more realistic.
- Working hatches for crew Turn in / Turn out.
- Fully animated, automatically deployed water fording gear - front surf board, propeller, propeller cover, dashboard lever, and internal winch. Gear can also be deployed by driver on demand.
- Working commander periscopes.
- Corrected headlight/brake light behavior and textures.
- Corrected get in/get out positions.
- Working, accurate dashboard. All gauges built with online play in mind! Calibrated gauges: speed, rpm, fuel, compass, low fuel indicator light, turret directional indicator, inclinometer. The incline gauge is there at my discretion, since when in 1st person view it can sometimes be difficult to tell your position.
- Engine compartment cover animations per real BRDM-2 vehicle, activated by engine turn on. Reload animations on various models.
- Most animations can be manually activated with user actions (depends on vehicle).
- All glass and window surfaces properly modelled with "reflective" surface.
- Front window covers fixed in open position. No more closed covers if engine is off!
- Turret movements do not make engine turn on.
- Internal cabin light when headlights are on. Memory point for the light: "intlightsrc_1". There is also a 2nd one "intlightsrc_2", and one on the dash: "intlightsrc_3". These have the potential to be scripted on/off.
- 9K113 Konkurs (AT5) and 9M14 Malyutka (AT3) static launchers. Real-world AT units can carry static launchers to provide dismounted support. More information in the Static Launchers section below.
- New crew member units for A2 vehicles (Russian, CDF, NAPA, CHDKZ) that can carry static launcher backpacks.
- Deployable camo nets around most vehicles! Driver controlled. Net can only be used when vehicle is stopped! It prevents movement by removing fuel until packed away. Leaving the vehicle when net is deployed can cause the AI to report "low fuel". Fuel is returned when the camo net is stowed. This was the only way to ensure you don't have a "driving net" vehicle.
- Extesnsible observation mast on HQ-C2 (command & control) model. Observation mast is the gunner turret and uses the laser designator. This broadly simulates various real-world C2 models. Observation mast is activated and controlled by gunner. Keep this in mind if deployed near hostile forces or in MP.
- Police model for civilian AND military factions.
- Police model has animated doors with viewable interior.
- Police barricade fence is fully modelled to block people. Note: Deploying the barricade removes fuel same way as camo net! This was done to avoid "crazy taxi" drivers. :)
- Police models have additional cargo seats (vehicle carries up to 8 total) and selected armaments in transport cargo for police units. Armaments present in both Civilian and Military police units.
- Flare signal pistol: Transport cargo for all vehicles contains a flare pistol and flares. Flare pistol only fires flares and smoke shells! Pistol can fire any default GP25 or M203 flare/smoke round.
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.