Situated in Iraq’s far north, the province of Dahuk is famous for its snowy winters. The border crossing near the town of Zakho is Iraq’s primary border crossing with Turkey. Dahuk has also a border gate with Syria known as the Faysh khabur border gate. The main trading route from Iraq to Turkey runs through Dahuk, this could bring economic gain as cross-border trade increases.
Some villages were destroyed or evacuated since 1988 due to insecurity and other problems like poverty and loss of essential resource, for these reasons people migrated from their villages to sub-district centers, living in public buildings or sharing houses with other families.
In general, roads are in good condition except some far located villages that are hard to access, especially in winter.
The terrain is based on actual height and satellite data and depicts the southern part of Dahuk and its main trade route with Turkey and Sirya.
Its a pretty deserted area with some small village's, three bigger towns.
At the moment there is a border crossing with Sirya.
Most villages are placed pretty much where they would be in real life some are changed in to industrial area's or Underground factory's, the city's have a fictional layout.
The terrain lends itself perfectly for long range sniper mission's, escape and evade which would be a hell of a challenge, convoy missions,tank battle's etc etc.
The terrain is divided in two, the river Tigris is crossing the entire 400 square kilometer map.
There are two bridges to cross it but u can find your way trough shallow water, even with armored vehicles or Make use of amphibious vehicles for troop transport its up to u.
As we always recommend use modfolders to separate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included .pbo files:
Credits & Thanks:
Tupolov and team,
Everyone else that i have asked questions/shared information,
Beta testers and the community.
- replaced included missions with fixed versions
- Added: New sky textures.
- Added: Road signs.
- Added: Farms.
- Added: Villa.
- Changed: Complete sattalite and mask overhaul.
- Changed: Water color back to default.
- Changed: Airfields textures.
- Changed: Some (+- 200) compound layouts.
- Changed: Afkhan.
- Changed: Al walid.
- Changed: Reya gunde bihar.
- Changed: Shirk.
- Changed: Simele.
- Changed: Islands class name (BMFayshkhabur).
- Fixed: Hightmap, flatten a few ugly spots.
- Fixed: Hightmap, lowered mushorah airfield and rabiah.
- Fixed: Taxi off/in waypoints (MSO issue's).
- Fixed: Some buildings, floors where underground.
- Fixed: Wall, alignments.
- Fixed: Taiya Location (alice).
- Fixed: Light poles "industrial area" no longer in middle of the road.
- Fixed: Water showed on land when flying at high altitudes.
- Fixed: River depth.
- Removed: Vegetation inside buildings.
- Added: More roads (dont get lost)
- Added: Town Al Qanat.
- Added: Forests, bushes, scenery.
- Added: River crossing @ Misharah.
- Changed: Sand Texture.
- Changed: Secondary airport.
- Fixed: minor hightmap issues.
- Fixed: Reya gunde bihar bridge.
- Removed: roadblock at girke baraza border.
- Redone: road network 100%.
- Recolored: Satallite image.
- Removed: FOB Sykes.
- Relocated: Powerplant.
- and propably much more.
- Fixed: Some Sat/Mask issues.
- Fixed: Sand texture (Normal/Paralax Map).
- Fixed: Entrances to Airports (AI Friendly).
- Fixed: AI issues in city "Fayshkhabur".
- Fixed: Propably more that i forgot about.
- Changed: Satallite image (Colot Tweaks).
- Changed: Map grids.
- Changed: Terrain around mushorah airbase (desert).
- Changed: Reya gunde bihar bridge.
- Changed: Rocks.
- Changed: Gerbalat.
- Changed: Ayn Al Faras.
- Changed: FOB Sykes.
- Added: Allot more Vegetation.
- Added: powerplant in Tallkochak.
- Added: powerplant in Abuwajnam.
- Added: working Streetlighting.
- Added: City Tall kochak.
- Added: Village Rabiah.
- Added: Warfare Compatibility.
- Changed: Airbase Mushorah.
- Changed: Abu Wajnam Airstrip.
- Changed: Airbase terrain texture.
- Changed: village Mushorah.
- Changed: Village Shirk.
- changed: village Al Walid.
- changed: village Tall Mutlaq.
- Changed: Village Bajerke Dumez.
- Changed: Terrain sand Texture.
- Fixed: ils taxi in mushorah airbase runway04.
- Added: Alice compatibility.
- Added: more nature objects.
- Added: City's/location's Named.
- Added: city "Gerbalat" (Syrië).
- Added: village "Shirk" (Syrië).
- Changed: Satalite complete redo.
- Changed: Mask complete redo.
- Changed: Terrain texture colours tweaked.
- CHanged: Back to OA aircraft shelters.
- Changed: Mushorah AirBase.
- Expanded: city "Misharah".
- Expanded: Indestrial Area.
- Expanded: city "Fayshkhabur".
- Fixed: Satallite Grid.
- Added: more scenery.
- Added: 1/3 placed of northern town (Fayshkhabur).
- Added: Forward observation base.
- Addon: Class name changed to Fayshkhabur.
- Changed: Satalite image, all city's are off now.
- Changed: added more surfaces and clutter.
- CHanged: aircraft shelters, the shelters have no damage models yet.
- Increased terrain cell size: from 5 to 10 for bether performance.
- Road network: 100% in, altough some optimizing might be needed.
- increased terrain cell size from 5 to 10 for bether performance.
- changed clutter type.
- road to second bridge leads to somewhere.
- edited the Sat image all city's are off now.
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.