Linux Standalone Server 1.11by
Bohemia Interactive Studio
Copyrigt (c) 2009 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
This is the Linux Standalone Server 1.11
For more information please visit: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server
1. Following programs must have been installed on your Linux-box:
tar, gcc. Optional: md5sum (for setup integrity check)
1a. On some verions of Linux (this was reported for RedHat 9 and Gentoo linux 2.4.20) the NSCD deamon must be installed to
run ArmA 2 server successfully. Caching of DNS would be sufficient.
2. Copy the whole "ArmA 2" directory from Windows to some Linux-directory (ArmA2). DON'T DO ANY DATA CONVERSIONS
(even "dos2unix" translation of text files is not necessary).
Example: you can use PKZIP (WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc.) on Windows and "unzip" on Linux.
Don't use upper case letters in the ArmA2 directory name (/home/bob/arma2 will be good, /home/bob/ArmA may cause some troubles).
ArmA2 directory should contain subdirectories "Addons", "Bin", "Campaigns", etc.
3. Copy the "server-x.xx.tar.gz" (x.xx is version number) file into the ArmA2 directory. Unpack and install it with commands: arma2$ tar -xjf server-x.xx.tar.bz2
Watch the messages - they will inform you whether your installation is successful.
4. Dedicated server can be started in foreground: arma2$ ./server
Or in background: o$ nohup ./server > out.txt 2> err.txt &
5. Running server can be stopped by executing: $ kill -s SIGINT <pid>
Where <pid> is process-id of mother server thread (printed out in "nohup" command).
6. ArmA2 server has a feature: command-line parameter "-pid=<pid_file>". It causes creation of <pid_file> with
PID of root ArmA2 process. If IP port specified in "-port=<nn>" parameter is busy (in usage), ArmA2 will terminate immediately and <pid_file> won't be written.
7. The "arma2server" script is provided for automatic server start/restart/status query/etc. Please be sure to edit
CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS in lines 12 to 18 !
After this is done, install (hard-link?) the script into "/etc/rc.d/init.d/arma2server" file. After that it can be managed
by "chkconfig" (see info/man).
- BI forums