This is a heavily modified Arma1 RHIB model from the BIS sampl models. Heavily modified
The SOC-R boat is a Special Operations craft designed to transport a SF crew of 8 into shallow waters. The craft is designed for high survivability in the form of overwhelming firepower. There are now eight versions in this addon:
- NEW: "SOCR-Heavy" versions of each model that include up-armored side panels.
- "M2 / M240" version: 2x M2 MGs in the front, 2x M240 on the side, and a rear Mk19.
- "M134 / Mk19" version: 2x forward M134's, 2x side Mk19s, and a rear M2 MG.
- "M2 / Mk19" version: 2x M2 MGs in the front, 2x Mk19 on the side, and a rear M240.
- "M134 / M240" version consists of 2x forward M134's, 2x side M240s, and a rear M2 MG.
The addon contains both USMC Fore Recon and US Special Forces versions (total of 12 vehicles).
The vehicles have a driver-switchable camo net intended for use when the boat must hide in wait for the passengers to return. The radar mast can also be raised and lowered as per the real life version when being transported by a CH-47.
Clan logos are available for side and front turret shields, modelled after real-life photos of painted grafitti and symbols. Logo names listed below.
The crew in the real vehicle consists of 4... the crew in the addon consists of 7 people to properly crew the turrets. Carries 8 Passengers.
Armor value is 40 - slightly higher than the RHIB and the same as a UAZ. As with the Real Life version, the best defense is to fire on the enemy! Overwhelming firepower is the best defense. Watch the movie "Act of Valor" to see real SOC-R boats at work!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
The MLOD's are available from here
Turrets are not placed exactly as in real life. Changes were made to ensure the turret gunners don't "clip" through the sides of the boat. The rear gunner in Real Life will step over the transom to fire to the sides, therefore the rear gunner will clip since this is "appropriate" for that position.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to BIS for the Armaverse!
New Texture by Vico (from Team F.S.F http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/)
German localizations by Brainbug
Mod by hcpookie - e-mail:
Models based on Arma1 sample models. This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games! You are free to do anything you wish with it so long as it is for a BIS game!
- NEW: Up-armored models with armored side panels. Listed as "SOCR-Heavy" in the editor. New classnames in readme.
- NEW: Boat Flares! (via action menu)
- FIX: Commander View LOD missing polys
- IMPROVED: Hull armor panels on all models
- FIX: Turret shields missing Fire Geometry (how did I miss this?)
- NEW: M2 + Mk19 version
- NEW: SOC-R groups available in editor and for group spawn scripts (group names listed below)
- NEW: M134 / M240 version! This version has 2x M134, 2x M240 side guns, and the M2 rear.
- NEW: Additional Clan decals and turret shield clan decals
- IMPROVED: Stringtable German localizations
- FIX: Some Turret shield textures
- NEW: Ammo belt end (bullet hide) animations
- NEW: Stringtable localizations
- IMPROVED: Vehicle hull lowered in water
- NEW: Updated high-res texture from Vico (from Team F.S.F http://www.clan-gign.net/~fsfzone/)
- FIX: Some minor Pilot View LOD issues (missing sections).
- IMPROVED: Smoke launcher grenade count and placement now with larger and thicker circle of smoke.
- FIX: Conflict issue with other mods (changed inheritance settings).
- FIX: Some minor LOD issues.
- IMPROVED: Commander Turret rotation now 360 degrees.
- FIX: M134 version missing floor LOD in Cargo View.
- FIX: Releasing Smoke would trigger camo net (duplicate key mapping).
- FIX: Damage resistance fix (hull now takes damage).
- FIX: A few small texture issues.
- first public release
- BI forums