Arma2NET is a wrapper used for communicating between managed code and SQF code used in the game Arma 2, adding significant functionality to SQF scripting.
Arma2NET gives you the ability to use the .NET Framework from Arma 2. It is designed to be an alternative for those who don't want to use C or C++ with callExtension or Java and the JVM.
There is a wide range of language implementations that target the Common Language Runtime, so you can use C#, Python, VB.NET, F#, Ruby code and more, directly from Arma 2.
A list of languages that you can use can be found here.
- Call managed functions and manipulate the return value from SQF.
- Check the status of long-running managed functions from SQF using callbacks.
- Convert SQF literals (lists, strings, numbers etc) to .NET objects and back.
- Extend the functionality of Arma2NET by writing plugins written in any language that compiles to .NET bytecode, such as C#, F# or VB.NET.
- CommandLine (get command line used to start Arma 2)
- DateTime (get system time/UTC time)
- IronPython code executor/evaluator. Run .py script files and more from your system.
The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is required to use Arma2NET: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=24872
Because the callExtension function (introduced after 1.60) is used to invoke Arma2NET, you must use Arma 2 beta version 87640 or later.
If you would like to use the Mono runtime instead of the .NET runtime (this should work fine on Windows 8, if not let me know)!
Download and install Mono 2.11.3 from here (make sure you use 2.11.3, there is a bug in the stable version which will prevent Arma2NET from functioning correctly)
Rename Arma2Net.Unmanaged.Mono.dll to Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll and back up the old Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll in case you want to revert.
Append the path to Mono's bin folder to your %PATH% environment variable.
Edit MonoPaths.txt to point to Mono's lib and etc folders.
Arma2NET should function almost exactly the same on Mono as it does on .NET.
Wiki home: https://bitbucket.org/Scott_NZ/arma2net/wiki/Home
Getting started with Arma2NET: https://bitbucket.org/Scott_NZ/arma2net/wiki/Getting_started
Introductory tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/Scott_NZ/arma2net/wiki/Tutorial
Documentation about the new scripting system can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/Scott_NZ/arma2net/wiki/Scripts
- Added SetClipboardText <text> and GetClipboardText functions for manipulating the clipboard.
- Improved the startup time.
- Added AsyncActionAddIn and AsyncFuncAddIn for high performance asynchronous calls.
- BI forums
- .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Because the callExtension function (introduced after 1.60) is used to invoke Arma2NET, you must use Arma 2 beta version 87640 or later.
Tags: No tags