Adds a light tower commonly found at industrial and construction sites. Provides 6 spotlights on an extendable mast covering a large arc. I made this for use in areas where there is extreme dark due to no moon, etc. and had MP maps in mind. Ideal for use in FARPs and Bases. New in v1.2 also adds a static "stadium light" tower that is a taller 6-light pole of the type commonly seen in sports stadiums.
- New in v1.2: Stadium light pole. Static lights as seen in stadiums. Lights are activated automatically at night just like street lights. Located in the editor in the same place as the Light Tower - Empty > Objects.
- Texture set uses "Camo1" hidden selection for the texture. The default texture is mapped to the BIS red locomotive texture. New textures can be easily made by changing the texture. To change, add this to the unit's INIT line and point it to a new texture:
this setObjectTexture [0, "addonfolder\anothertexture.paa"];
- The light mast starts out folded away for transport/towing. To activate, approach and select "Power On". This will start the generator that powers the lights. Then you may select "Raise Light Pole" and "Lower Light Pole" to raise/lower the lights. The light pole raises to about 5 meters height.
- Once the mast is raised, the power generator may be switched back off when not in use.
- Fully animated power lever, status light and damage.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
- The Light Tower can be found in the editor under Empty > Objects > Light Tower.
Object Name for use in scripting is "pook_lighttower".
The MLOD's are available from here
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to BIS for the Armaverse!
Mod by hcpookie
- Added static light pole Stadium Lights.
- fixed mod dependency issue
- Initial Release
Models based on Arma1 sample models. This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games! You are free to do anything you wish with it so long as it is for a BIS game!
- BI forums