Requirements: Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - USNavy, US Marines, Medevac Module
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2012-04-11 17:11
Light Armed Reconnaissanceby
Classic 'search and destroy cache' objective. Play as two squads, each with one LAV-25 and dismounts (inc. 2 crewmen). Search for the cache/IED factory and destroy it. While it may not be particularly 'hard', the emphasis is on IED threat. Currently, I haven't put in any kind of IED detection/disarm script, so it'll just be pure luck. Similarly, I hadn't been able to find a suitable charge that injures the unlucky unit, so if a unit sets off an IED, it'll kill it. Satchel charges for demolition are located in the LAV cargo, although there are boxes when you start.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPmissions folder.
- Some of you more savvy people will realize there isn't actually a '5th LAR Bn' in the Marine Corps. I don't particularly like using active/real units, so it's all made up!
- I haven't PBO'd this mission, so you can edit the units etc as you see fit.
- This is my first release, although it isn't my first scenario creation. Hope you enjoy it. More to come.
Credits & thanks:
- BIS and the ACE guys
- Binkowski, Goliath, and 00dc15 (for his advanced IED script)
- Mike-USA for finally showing me how to spawn weapon/ammunition objects! (via his Camp Fallujah template)
- My ol' buddy ColonLOL Stagler
- BI forums
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - USNavy
- US Marines
- Medevac Module