I thought I'd write some interesting stuff about the history of this machine but remembered how easy it is to google and have since gotten lazy. However one of the better articles I stubled upon can be found here on goliath.ecnext.com
What you get:
- paf_mi24_a - Requires A2/OA. The core addon, contains all .p3d's, Russian, and Takistan skins. Flown by vanila Russian and Takistan pilos
- paf_mi24_a_early - Early production version with tail rotor on right side,version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, Russian winter skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_RUs5 - Standard version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, Russian Desert skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_RUFAB250 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XFAB250 and 4xAT2, Russian Desert skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_RUUPK_23 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2, Russian Desert skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_Taks5 - Export version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, Takistan Desert skin, inspired by a documented Afganistan skin, Taki pilot
- paf_mi24_a_TakFAB250 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XFAB250 and 4xAT2, Takistan Desert skin, Taki pilot
- paf_mi24_a_CDFs5 - Export version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, CDF 'Krokodil' skin, CDF pilots
- paf_mi24_a_CDFUPK_23 - Export version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2, CDF 'Krokodil' skin, CDF pilots
Left optional and seperate so people can better manage dependancies and folder structures. Dependancies other than Arma 2: CO are for the pilots only!
- paf_mi24_a_RedDawn - Early production version with tail rotor on right side, 4xUB32 and 4xAT2. Requires A2/OA and CWR2.Config and skin for camo from 'Red Dawn' the movie, just for laughs. Flown By CWR2 pilot because no fool should be attempting 'Red Dawn' re-enactments without CWR2 (Mr T)
- paf_mi24_a_nva - Requires A2/OA. Config and skin for North Vietnamese Army,inspired by versions on display in Nth Veitnam museum. Flown by Taki pilot, seemed to fit best
- paf_mi24_a_NVs5 - Standard version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, brown and green skin
- paf_mi24_a_NVUPK_23 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2, brown and green skin
- paf_mi24a_early_NVs5 - Early production version with tail rotor on right side,pale green motled skin, with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2 , just a hypothetical for scenarios circa the closing days of the Vietnam war
- paf_mi24_a_gal - Requires A2/OA and Icebreakrs Lingor_units. Gov't Army of Lingor (GAL) skin , flown by GAL pilots
- paf_mi24_a_GALs5 - Export version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2
- paf_mi24_a_GALUPK_23 - Export version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2
- paf_mi24_a_MOL - Requires A2/OA and Icebreakrs isla_duala. Molatian Army 'Krokodil' skin , flown by Molation Army pilots
- paf_mi24_a_Mols5 - Export version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2
- paf_mi24_a_MolUPK_23 - Export version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2
- paf_mi24_a_sla - Requires A2/OA. SLA skin, flown by russian pilots
- paf_mi24_a_SLAs5 - Standard version with 4xUB32 and 4xAT2, SLA skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_SLAFAB250 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XFAB250 and 4xAT2, SLA skin ,Russian pilot
- paf_mi24_a_SLAUPK_23 - Standard version with 2xUB32, 2XUPK_23 and 4xAT2, SLA skin ,Russian pilot
Placed in your user missions will access via editor a showcase of all models. Does not require any 3rd party addons!
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
* Flight model could be better, but cant they always.
* optical model for gunner
* remove white crosshair from UPK-23 gunpods
Credits & Thanks:
PATHETIC BERSERKER - For the vision, 3D modeling, texture work, and rudimentary animation & config stuff behind creating this addon.
zGUBA - Advancing and directing config and general clue giving/direction pointing.
ICEBREAKER - for supplying Government Army of Lingor camo and roundels for GAL and Molatian units.
BIS - For allowing the use of textures (specifically instrument clock faces) As well as the great game platform, tools, and community support we know them for.
LEOPOTAM - For correcting the Russian on the instrument panels and for his awesome Blender to O2 export/import tools making this project possible for me.
This is a derived work based on:
EricM Mi-24 BETA1 Pack (SLA)
Put in game by RKSL Studios.
And a great thanks goes out to both EricM and RKSL Studios who gave permission, as well as MLODS, and reference material.
CREDITS FOR THE ORIGINAL EricM Mi-24 BETA1 Pack (SLA);
Model and Textures – EricM
Config and animations – Rock (RKSL studios)
* improved flight model, now less twitchy with smoother keyboard yaw. Acknowledged that some may like it smoother but its quite good with other inputs.
* improved armour,
* improved AI detection
* added "paf_mi24_a_CDFs5", "paf_mi24_a_CDFUPK_23", to core addon
* added "paf_mi24a_early_NVs5", "paf_mi24_a_SLAs5", "paf_mi24_a_SLAFAB250", "paf_mi24_a_SLAUPK_23", to optional skins
* changed displayed naming convention from, eg; "Mi24A_UPK_23" to "Mi-24A (UPK-23)"
* fixed specular on piot and gunner lods
* changed cockpit door animations sourced by 'rpm' instead of 'altradar' (thanks for the tip Rock)
* disconnected land contact points from dampers to fix bouncing when on ships or roofs (thanks again Rock, you were right it is ugly , but I think the lesser of two evils)
* added shadow LODs to panel proxys in Pilot and Gunner LODs
* updated Showcase mission to include new variants.
* tweaked main rotor blur and some other bits.
Alpha5 to Beta 01
* tweaked scale
* Implemented - Leopotams instrument panel corrections fixing many spelling errors
* Added - Molatian 'Krokodil' skin.(P.Berserker)
* fix - compass textures and instrument anims.
Alpha 4 to Alpha 5
* Changed - Going from EricM's 6 cargo positions to 8 cargo positions, to bring in line with A2 Hinds.(P.Berserker)
* Fixed - dammage textures (Soul Assassin via BIS forums)
* Improved - door strut animation.(P.Berserker)
* added - Afanasyev 12.7 single barrel nose gun with 900 rds. (P.Berserker)
* improved - animations of forward gunners turret and optics(P.Berserker)
* fixed - 'destructype',damage model, addon nolonger disapears under ground when destroyed (P.Berserker)
* improved - rvmats now use BIS 'super shader'(P.Berserker)
* added - 'Red DAwn' skin.(P.Berserker)
* replaced - Glass damage textures from EricMs' Hind-D with relevant ones. (P.Berserker)
Alpha 1 to Alpha 4
* inproved -slight rework to AT-2 swatter model. (P.Berserker)
* fixed - textures on statik rotor selections so they disapear in flight and rotor blur spins.(P.Berserker)
* improved - gunners, and pilot LOD textures. (P.Berserker)
* removed - all references to ERICM and his previous work in the config & file path structure. (P.Berserker)
* fixed - adopted the 'hiddenselectionstexture' method to allow greater flexibility of versioning. (P.Berserker)
* added - Early producton winter, Takistan, and Nth Vietnamese skins. (P.Berserker)
* added - Government Army of Lingor skins. (Icebreaker)
* improved - shadows LODS. (P.Berserker)
* improved - relevance and layout of config, now referencing BIS-Mi24.(zGuba)
* improved - animations of forward gunners turret.(zGuba)
* uncoutable tweaking
- BI forums
- Arma 2
- Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³
(only when using paf_mi24_a_redawn.pbo)
- Lingor Units
(only when using paf_mi24_a_gal.pbo)
- Isla Duala
(only when using paf_mi24_a_MOL.pbo)