Date: 2012-07-21 08:19
As a member of the elite Tier One unit, Task Force 11, you are being inserted ahead of a larger offensive in order to survey enemy strongpoints and capitalize on their weaknesses. The rugged, unforgiving terrain is as formidable as the enemy. A fictionalized simulation of December 9, 2001. Created using research from books like Jawbreaker and A Different Kind of War, interviews with US SOF participants, battle progression maps, and a bit of imagination.
Simply unpack the BoTBv091.torabora.pbo in your ..\<ArmA2OA installation>\Missions folder (you may create it first).
a) This scenario is distributed without any warranty, it may work or even not. If you encounter any bugs feel free to report them at the linked forum threads.
b) This is NOT an official release supported by BIS. The use of this scenario is entirely at your own risk.
c) ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL OR MILITARY USE OF THIS CAMPAIGN OR PARTS OF IT! NO EXCEPTIONS SO DON'T EVEN ASK.
- AI driving is notoriously bad, especially off-road. This seems to be an issue with the game itself, not necessarily the scenario. You are given many options for ground transportation, as well as the size of your team, so choose wisely.
- You may experience a brief freeze when first starting the mission. This is normal, as TPW's houselights script is booting up.
- When exiting the scenario, you may get an error msg saying tpw_houselights108.sqf is missing. This appears to be a quirk with Tora Bora island and is not game-threatening.
Credits & Thanks:
- The Arma2 editor community for providing so much documentation
- McNools, Chill xl, TPW, Celery, and the community at large for their amazing addons
- People who give feedback on the BI forums - Cyberide, Kommiekat, Guess Who, etc.
- Armaholic for file hosting and being the portal to the wide world of Arma modding
- Bohemia Interactive for giving the hardcore mil shooter fanatics the game of their dreams
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Arma 2
- Tier One Operators