Rifle Collision Simulation addon for CQB
A small CQB addon that simulates rifle collision behaviour and auto lowers a player's rifle when he is up against and facing a wall. Once the player's view is no longer obstructed the player auto raises his weapon to his shoulder. This makes navigating tight enclosed spaces much easier and is ideal for room/building clearing operations. The addon contains custom animations and collision geometry and requires the CBA addon.
Installation / Usage:
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
Its not signed at the moment but if the feedback is good and there aren't too many bugs I'll release a signed version.
Credits & Thanks:
@PvP - Thanks for the original idea and all your help and suggestions mate
Fixed: Bugs related to viewing the map while adjacent to a wall fixed
Additional feature: By pressing the Ctrl "watch" key (default o key) you can enable and disable the collision addon in game ie. "ctrl o" - this will allow you to use the addon for CQB and then disable it if you so desire for other play, it should also allow you to fix situations where the weapon is locked into lowered mode as reported by some players, just hit ctrl o to get your rifle to raise and ctrl o again to re-enable the collision addon.
- Removed the annoying debug hint that appeared when raising your rifle
- The player no longer takes an extra couple of steps when lowering or raising his rifle.
- Fixed config error that was causing the player to strafe left when turning left while standing in 3rd person view
- The player no longer stops to raise his rifle when he is facing a wall with his weapon lowered and starts jogging left or right while kneeling.
- no more camera shake/jitter when lowering and raising your rifle.
- Reduced jitter when lowering/raising rifle
- Fixed not lowering and raising rifle while turning in front of a wall
- Fixed the toggle stance bug described by Kju and a number of other problems such as rearming or getting gear from crates.
- Hopefully removed the remaining up/down loop bugs
- Fixed bug described by Jedra realting to error message while in game.
- More config fixes
- Created a new series of animations for the weapon lowered position. Weapon is lowered straight down rather than across the body. Note: Its still possible to use the default ArmA weapon lowered animation by double tapping the left ctrl.
- Created new geometry lods to match the new animations
- Tried to identify problem actions such as dragging objects, accessing gear, re-arming etc and implemented work arounds.
- Rewritten much of the code to optimise and simplify implementation.
- Config updated to allow for new anims and to slow the transition from raised to lowered state.
- Rifles are no longer auto-lowered if you are running or sprinting - Orcinus
- You can now aim while standing and crouching while your weapon is lowered - metalcraze
- A few other bits and pieces
- Looping animation bug
- Fixed ArmA2 report errors
- Fixed script error when performing special moves such as climbing ladders
- Fixed cross movement while crouching (forward + left/right) standing bug
- Also you can now bring up aim mode while standing facing a wall, so that you can lean round corners more easily
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base Addons