Advanced Interaction Modules
Advanced Interaction Mod is a script package that is designed to add an extra level of interaction with the game world around you in your mission, specificly interaction with civilians. It allows you to Talk, Arrest and Search Civilians as well as search cars or buildings. The main reason I made this is because I wanted to learn sqf scripting and wanted to add something new to some missions I made for my community.
I release this with the hope to get some productive feedback on everything. The AddOn is far from completed and things will most likely chance a lot. I've only just started to learn some more about programming and scripting on a decent level, so things will be improved upon. So for the time being, I hope to get some feedback on current performance, how the gameplay with it and what can be improved. Also feel free to give me any ideas for additional features to add. And again, right now it's all very simple and unfinished.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Launch the game with gbl_advanced_interaction.pbo and gbl_items.pbo
Simply place down the Enable AIM Module in the editor.
Stance System not working correctly
The left windows key has been changed and instead you now have to assign a key yourself in your controls (useraction 19). Details are available in the documentation.
AIM is required on both the client and server.
It should be ACE compatible, however it has not been tested without ACE!
- Improve search functionality (buildings and persons)
- Overhaul all dialogs in AIM
- Improve effects for FRM
Credits & Thanks:
I haven't done the entire thing myself and a few people helped me with valuable feedback and assistance with scripting. Credits are below.
Script & Code: Glowbal & Gobbo
Ideas & Contribution: 16AA Milsim Community, www.16AA.net
All on the BIS forums who helped me with certain issues
16AA members, for assisting with testing and contributing
Das Attorney for letting me use his 'checking if in building script'
Bohemia Interactive for making such an awesome game
Special thanks to Highhead, K. Singleton & J. Gordon for helping out with testing this version, as well as Highhead for including AIM support in MSO 4.55
- Fixed: Use Action19 not working for advanced Interaction Module without Field Rations enabled
- Fixed: Cannot fill empty camelbak with waterbottles
- Fixed: Cannot refill at certain wells
- New: gbl_descentRateDrink & gbl_descentRateFood introduced
- New: access to field rations menu from inside vehicles
- New: Some new models
- Changed: Improvements to some functions
- Changed: Small chances to code (interaction should be smoother now!)
- Changed: Ration boxes now don't have water inside anymore
- Changed: GBL Items and MREs now have ACE weight included
- Changed: GBL Key, previously "left windows key", changed to "useraction 19"
- Changed: Small dialog chances
- Fixed: Respawn hotfix
- Fixed: civ killed used execVM instead of call
- Fixed: JIP issues
- Fixed: Respawn issues
- New: Ability to use custom talking lines for civ's
- New: Ability to disable AIM for only a specific player slot
- New: Field Rations Module v0.1 ALPHA
- New: US MREs
- New: Some new items
- New: US MRE boxes
- New: Water supply box
- Fixed: Hearts & Minds Give food & Give Water
- Fixed: Herats & Minds shake hands
- Changed: Stance system works for all sides now
- Changed: Interaction works for all sides now
- New: Ability to set starting value for stance system
- Fixed: Error for biometric scanner, sometimes no unit would be selected
- Changed: Killing a spotter does not lower stance anymore
- Changed: Killing gunman does not lower stance anymore
- Fixed: Some values were send multiple times across network
- Improved interact with Person when moving a suspect
- minor improvements to most code
- Enabled stance system
- Small changes to talk to Person
- updated key, since there were some issues reported with the previous one
- BI forums
- Community Base Addons
- Arma 2
- gbl_items.pbo (included)
- gbl_functions.pbo (included)