I have created a little addon to place signs with certain weapon descriptions next to Weapon boxes in order to seperate them better from each other and to make it easier to find stuff. Sometimes there´s just one box with everythings in and sometimes there a bunch of boxes and the player has to run from crate to crate to get its stuff and usually got the wrong box...thats why I created this addon.
I actually made this addon for myself and my friends. But I thought it wouldn´t be a bad thing to share it with the community.
The signs itself are seperated in actually 2 signs. The first one is a usual sign sitting on a stake, while the other is a board with an image and a description (which is my own hand script^^).
According to general crate content representation, I know that there´re further opportunities like scripts and such, but I thought signs are somewhat a cool idea.
This addon includes signs for following weapons and equipment:
- Anti Tank
- First Aid Stuff
- Mixed Handweapons (For mixed rifle-, sniperrifle- and Machine Gun boxes)
- MG (for dedicated MG boxes)
- Rifles (for dedicated Rifle boxes)
- (Sling) Ropes
- Sniper Rifles
- Static launcher
This package also includes an example Mission with some template Boxes and respective signs. This is only an example thats why theres no description and stuff.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
- Each class gets an individually placeable sign and board in the editor.
- the signs can be found in Empty > objects (signs) > respective sign or board
- My Weaponsigns Addon is providing several langauges as there are German and English. I can add some more languages on request
Since there´s a script possibility around, to replace textures simply by using a script, so I "allow" Missionmakers to make use of the textures for there own MP or SP missions, as long as they agree with the following condition:
- Please take my name and the name of this Addon in the credits and set a reference to either this thread or the ArmAHolic page. Thats all!
I´ll offer the textures as an individual package within the next days.
The script to replace textures on objects:
_objectname setobjecttexture [0,"\pboname\texture.paa"]
Also see here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture
Download the isolated textures from here
Let me know whether it works or not and whether you prefer the addon or the script Version!
- BI forums