A small CQB addon that simulates rifle collision behaviour and auto lowers a player's rifle when he is up against and facing a wall. Once the player's view is no longer obstructed the player auto raises his weapon to his shoulder. This makes navigating tight enclosed spaces much easier and is ideal for room/building clearing operations. The addon contains custom animations and collision geometry and requires the CBA addon.
Don't forget if you use the aim key (default: right mouse button) the obstruction scripts are over-ridden and you will not be forced to lower your weapon when moving against an obstructing object.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Just a warning to everyone keen to try this out - there is still a lot of work to do before this addon functions as smoothly as the ArmA2 version, for instance strafing left and right with the weapon lowered does not work at present. Hopefully, in the next day or so I'll release an update that smooths out many of these current problems. For this addon, it was very much a case of dropping it into ArmA3, fixing the most obvious report errors and then being incrediably surprised it worked even a bit. It was released mainly at this stage to test the new CBA, to provide info on the new ArmA3 animations and detail some of the changes to the model.cfg and man skeleton.
* As far as I can tell this addon causes no report file errors.
* The custom weapon-lowered animations appear to intergrate well with the ArmA3 idle animations.
* This may be of interest to other addon makers - I had to remove the following entries from the class OFP2_ManSkeleton in the default ArmA2 model.cfg:
Need to add checks for the new stance anims: aadpercmstpsraswrfldup, aadpercmstpsraswrflddown,aadpknlmstpsraswrfldup,aa dpknlmstpsraswrflddown
Credits & Thanks:
@PvP - Thanks for the original idea and all your help and suggestions mate.
- Corrected bug that occurred when identifying some obstructing objects, for instance temporary hangers etc will now correctly cause the player to auto lower his rifle.
- Narrow objects, less that 5 cm wide no longer cause you to auto lower your rifle - fixes twitching when strafing along iron fences etc.
- Refined height definitions - fixes bug identified by Byrgesen with small barracks and Hesco barriers etc.
- If you now lean out from cover while the weapon is lowered and your rifle clears the obstruction then you will auto-raise your weapon.
- Fixed transition from standing to kneeling while the weapon is lowered.
- Cleaned up the config.cpp.
- Speeded up transitions between weapon raised and weapon lowered.
- Weapons are no longer lowered by trees or bushes
- Added weapon length variable based on weapon class i.e. the shorter the weapon the closer you can get to an object before your weapon is lowered.
- Offset obstruction line-of-sight to be in line with the player's rifle rather than their eye position.
- Greatly reduced the likelihood of glitching.
- fixed the animation stuttering when moving into obstruction and strafing along obstruction etc. (070313)
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.