Date: 2013-03-29 20:44
This is a simple retexture(another one..) of the BIS A3 soldiers, those units are not meant to represent any real unit from the present day. This is how I think that North Korea Special Forces would look in the year 2035. They can be found under "Red" faction.
Plot (for mission makers?):
After North Korea canceled non-agression pact with the South in 2013, they started using nuclear power plants and weapons to boost their military force and economy, in the year 2030 an alliance was formed by Iran named Axis of Resistance(AOR), North Korea and other eastern nations quickly joined the alliance three years later. In 2035 NK created an special camouflage for the Stratis environment and operations.
- Asian Faces
- Mixed equipment
- Two camouflage variants
- Their own uniform, can be changed.
- Korean names
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You'll also need add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
A note for a few people who get into using both the alternate configs using the VME PLA weapons and, Sudden's weapon pack:
- Sudden's suppressor was initially used when I created custom variants for use with the NK units seemed to have absolutely NO recoil at all, I found this rather strange, so while I did leave the option to attach it if you wish. However it is not on by default, this may annoy some people, but I wanted to go for functionality over style.
- Some of the choices in optics include obviously western products, however again, this was more based on the necessity for function over style. I've heard stories about paramilitary groups in other nations using foreign made accessories for their weapons, so being as that they're a special operations outfit, they've been equipped with the most useful accessories for the job.
That aside, I changed the medic packs to better fit each respective camo scheme instead of simply using the olive green one that was originally used.
There are also unique bags for both AT soldiers as well.
B_NK_medicPack - Black medic pack, used with default camo scheme (figured it was more versatile than green)
MTP_NK_medicPack - used with stratis camo pattern
MTP_NK_RPG - used with default camo scheme
MTP_NK_TITAN - used with stratis camo scheme
- Custom weapon variants are as follows
NK_PLA_QBB_MK_DMS - A particularly effective optics combination for use with the QBB squad assault weapon (I decided not to include it as a default unit)
The weapons are just placeholders until something new shows up.
Credits & Thanks:
Stiltman for the amazing Basic Retexturing Tutorial of Arma 3 content.
topas for NATO .psd templates.
v1.3 (released with permission by Pd3)
- Fixed "No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/example_PlateCarrier1_rgr.nameSound'." Error preventing use
- Added custom variants using Tavor rifles, Sudden's Russian Weapon Pack, and VME PLA mod
- Added new unit types including custom weapon variants
- Changed Backpacks to better accompany uniform color schemes
- Changed unit helmet
- Added costum helmet texture
- Modified unit vests(there are two versions now)
- Added costum icons for equipment
- Reworked textures
- Hand textures fixed
- Replaced headphones cap
- Modified uniform icon in gear menu
- Added korean names
- Other minor fixes
- BI forums
only required when you want to use the VME PLA weapons alternate config:
- VME The Chinese People's Liberation Army
only required when you want to use the Sudden weapons alternate config: