The included scripts can be used to create an Arma 3 Gear selector in the same way as Dslyecxi did in his Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Gear & Weapons Customization Overview.
- Allows easy selection of weapons, gear, attachments, launchers, etc, and pulls these from the game configs (ie, it’s not hard-coded). Specifically, it supports selecting: Helmet, goggles, vest, uniform, backpack, primary weapon, secondary weapon, pistol, attachments for primary weapon (rail, suppressor, and optic), and face.
- Allows for easy view distance, overcast, time, and day-of-month adjustment
- Camera auto-focuses on the element of gear that’s being changed, and can be manually set to head, body, backpack, or weapon.
- Thermal vision toggle allows you to check the thermal signatures of gear.
- ‘Randomization’ option allows a random sampling of gear to be loaded.
- ‘Copy’ button copies the current gear items to the clipboard in a format that can be used in a unit’s init line.
Installation / Usage:
I’m presenting this as a mission folder. To use it, you will need to place the dsl_gear_menu folder in your My Documents –> Arma 3 Alpha –> Missions directory. Once you’ve loaded the game, go to Editor->Stratis->Load, select it, and click ‘Preview’.
The ‘muzzle device’ feature probably will not work on community addons at the moment, but if you want to fix it, feel free! The muzzle array is dsl_Muzzle but isn’t being used currently, it’s just placing the default suppressors and whatever sticks, sticks!
The presets button does not function.
Weapons that are preconfigured to have special items will be overridden by what you’ve selected in the attachment sliders. This is intentional.
This is provided ‘as is’. Don’t expect updates to it on any regular timetable. I do give permission for reuse of this, so long as you give proper credit to me as the original creator.
- includes fix by Lao Fei Mao for aspect ratio dialog issues.
- now on Altis
- compatibility for the Arma 3 beta (the file is available above!)
Slight update thanks to Bricks. Sliders now show the display name (vs classname) of the selected item, and the 'copy' function now copies out the gear + commands necessary to apply it in-game from a unit's init field. ]
- first release
- BI forums