Helmetcam liveFeed [ALPHA]
This addon and script allows players to view PIP livefeeds from the helmet-cameras of their fellow groupmembers.
Now you can visually keep track of your team as they clear a building for you.
- You can only display livefeeds from your groupmembers (unless otherwise defined by the missionmaker)
- You can only watch livefeeds when you're wearing tactical glasses
- Only livefreeds from groupmembers with suitable headgear (helmets) are available
- If your groupmember is inside a vehicle, the camera will always display a feed from the driver-view of that vehicle
- Realistic camera-positioning. The camera is placed right where the camera on the (default) helmet-model is and follows head-movement.
- Switch between livefeeds of your groupmembers with a single button (* on Numpad by default)
- Equipment dependent. LiveFeeds are only available when you're wearing tactical glasses. Only groupmembers with suitable helmets can provide liveFeeds.
The package contains both an addon-version and a script-version that can be directly included into your mission.
The addon version requires the Community Base addons A3!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
All files needed to use this as a script in your mission can be found in the included example misson. "T-Helmetcam_Test.Stratis"
The default-key used by this addon is "*" on your Numpad.
* - Activates camera / switches to next groupmember
Alt+* - Deactivates camera
Shift+* - Toggles size of the display
The key can be changed by entering a different Keycode under "/userconfig/T/HCAM_KEY"
- Addon release (CBA required)
- KEY can be defined via userconfig
- Added custom display (can be toggled between two sizes –> Shift+KEY)
- Camera works for vehicles (only driver-view)
- Interference with other PIPtextures fixed
- Code slightly restructured
- Multiplayer tested: Seems fully functional
- Fixed proxy objects beeing visible for other players
- Description updated
- Removed accidential CBA dependency in example-mission
- Initial Release
- Added item-dependency (Tactical glasses are needed to watch a livefeed. Helmets are required to provide livefeeds.)
- Proper headtracking added
- Livefeeds are available for each groupmember
- Armaholic forums
- Community Base addons A3
(only for the addon version!)