released updated versions of his Silent Takedown script
for Arma 2
and Arma 3
on the Armaholic forums.
Quote Zodd :
This script simulates a silent attack (eg. knife) on an individual. If you get within range (2m in this case) you have the option (addaction - red, top most action) to do a 'silent takedown'
That will kill the unit to your immediate front (takes 1.5 seconds to complete the kill).
I would see it being used for silent takedowns of sentries etc. (Better than using silenced weapons as they still make some noise - disadvantage is it is riskier as you need to get very close and it isnt instant)
I have seen several threads (mainly in the Arma 3 forums) talking about silent takedowns for stealth missions and if BI will incorporate it. I thought it would be pretty simple to do so I had a crack at it. That is the story how this version of simple silent takedown script was born!
- version: 1.3:- Added ability to disable the hint text
- Removed ability to target friendly soldiers with takedown
- version: 1.2:- Added MP compatibility (respawn with action)
- Reworked script. Instead of silent takedown actions on the target, all individuals that are able to attempt the takedown are assigned the ability through an addaction.
- Added extra variables and individual unit customisation
- Added 'killed by' hint to show melee kills
- Amended script - doesnt remove addaction now when dead. Initial MP compatability attempts