These scripts are designed to allow you to set up a simple road convoy that will stay in formation. If the convoy is attacked the foot units will dismount and will engage the attackers. Gunners will remain in their vehicles and will also defend the convoy. There is an option in the script call that allows you to restart the convoy once the encounter is over ie. any remaining units will mount their respective vehicles and continue on their way.
Installation / Usage:
As always read the readMe in the archive for notes on how to implement the scripts in your own missions.
Note the test mission contains the same camera scripts as my Aerial Taxi Service Script.
1. Add the code from the init.sqf into your mission init.sqf
2. copy the convoyDefend folder from the test mission into your mission directory.
3. Create a convoy of AI vehicles, not grouped, spaced about 40 metres apart along a road, make sure each vehicle is named in the editor
4. Add markers on the map that you want the convoy to move through. Note the number of these required depend on the straightness of the road. Tanks in particular are notorious for going cross country so you may need a few more of these if there are tanks in the convoy. You may also want to increase the skill of the AI vehicles as this may help their path finding. Finally, W0lle tells me that the convoys don't like crossing bridges so you may want to avoid these.
Its also a good idea to fly the convoy route with the convoy to check that you don't need extra moveTo markers
The parameters in the script-call are:
1. An array of moveTo Markers for the convoy eg. ["pos1","pos2","pos3","pos4"]
2. An array that contains the names of the vehicles in the convoy eg. [c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6]
3. A boolean var - false if you want the convoy to remain where it is attacked or true if you want it to restart once the encounter is over.
If you destroy any of the vehicles in the convoy, then the other vehicles will stop and all units on board except the gunners will disembark and assume combat behaviour.
Theoretically you can have a convoy of any size you like but its only been checked for a convoy of up to 8 vehicles.
Due to the paucity of vehicles in the Alpha the scripts have only been tested with the available hunter and ifrit vehicles. They will also work for quad bikes just be aware that the convoy will travel more slowly and makes sure you do not put a quadbike as the final vehicle in the convoy (unless its a convoy of quads )
I think I'm done for the time being as due to the frequent update schedule of the alpha, scripts that work one day don't work the next and I think it is better to wait until at-least the beta arrives before I waste too much more time playing catch-up with the changes.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to W0lle for the idea behind this one
- The convoy script is now compatible with the current developer build of ArmA3 (1.05111581).
- first release
- BI forums