Date: 2013-04-17 19:05
Here's the first release of my post-apocalyptic units for Arma 3.
This package contains the Seeker Faction. I created these units for A2 some time ago but never finished/released them. These people have spent alot of time in the wastes and use simple hand-crafted weapons like bows and improvised weapons made of old, pre-war equipment.
Due the hazardous environment, their physiology has changed abit (red eyes) and they're covered in dust.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
- Arrow directly reloaded an Magazine reload and not after reload (different in my A2 config, I had to change the source from isEmpty to HasMagazine as isEmpty doesn't seem to work)
- also modelSpecial doesn't seem to be implemented in A3 ("handler not implemented" so I can't use it either (this would attach the arrow like a rifle grenade in OFP)
- Arrow not seen in flight (The way I did in A2, doesn't work anymore - although I added in a physx lod the arrows won't do any damage and bounce off - load "ice123_bowmagFail" to see for yourself)
- wound rvmats dont work yet (although they're there and configured... tsk)
- some weighting may need improvement, especially the lower robe model (partly done on male model)
- female units don't have any female sounds (didn't spot female voice data yet )
- shadow refinement needed (I used the shadow lod of the a3 example files and adjusted it slightly)
- rifle has no shadow yet
No Commercial use allowed. If you'd like to cannabilize this for dayz/wasteland/...sandbox, please ask me first.
Credits & Thanks:
Icewindo - Some new models and stuff
BIS - ArmA1/ArmA3 Models and documentation on A3 porting
Thanks to Toadball for his A3 weapon example - I used it to align the sights properly
Various sound files from the FreeSound Project:
- BI forums