Here is an addon about French Intervention Forces (GIGN/RPIMa) Units. (actually addon including GIGN and French 1st RPIMA)
- Units are wearing light and heavy suits with balaclava or assault Helmet removables. Balaclava are based on open sources files from Kiory balaclava addon.
- Including also ballistic shield for heavy units (still need some work about damages).
- For heavy assault units, assault helmet+balaclava are removable but actually in only one part defined as headgear class.
- Assault units with shield only carry shield and don't have weapon yet.
- Flashlight on shield is functional on night.
- Units are configured with weapons from R3F French Weapons Pack
and so this addon is required
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
In editor you can find units under:
Blufor> GIGN units
Blufor> RPIMa units
Credits & Thanks:
"Jonny's US Army Special Forces template" by Johannes for ATH and ESS tactical .p3d models.
Kiory balaclava sources.
R3F weapons addon.
Modified texture provided by Soronelite for vehicle.
- Several Fix on ATH helmets models.
- GIGN and RPIMA units are now as Independant Faction
- ATH helmets added (OD and Camo CE)
- Added GIGN/RPIMA items box (in empty>ammo>"GIGN/RPIMA Box")
- Added new ESS tactical goggles with 4 tints version. (Classnames: rpima_goggle_orange, rpima_goggle_black, rpima_goggle_blue,rpima_goggle_green.)
- Added Sniper and Marksman units for RPIMA
- Hk416 replace now all the Famas (from R3F weapons addon)
- Some units removed or replaced.
- Inventory icons updated
- Added factions icons
- Now compatible with Arma 3 Beta
- Added RPIMA Red Beret Unit
- Added SAS units with CE camo inspired from French RPIMA SAS units(1st RPIMa,INVEX etc...) with heavy and light equipments in a "2035 version".
- Hunter vehicle added for GIGN units.
- Added server key
- Assaul helmet completly remake.
- added operator unit
- added tactical goggles item
- shield re-textured and damages resistance increased on full part.
- Now uniform item should work properly with Virtual Ammo system addon
- BI forums
- R3F French Weapons Pack