Date: 2014-09-09 11:29
Vietnam War Mod goes to ArmA 3!
This is only a preview version of VTE which includes:
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
PMC Editing Wiki:
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
We are now looking for 3D modeler and texturer to join our team so we can make new content for ArmA 3. Anyone interested, please contact me. We are fully aware that especially the vegetation models look low polygon / resolution, no need to mention that thank you.
Depending on the feedback on this preview release we will continue tweak it, however later date we plan on porting (with help of new modeler/texturer) the full VTE to ArmA 3. If no feedback is given as its been most often the case, this is the only release. Please provide some feedback, it is very much appreciated.
- bis v1.22 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/VTE_faction_usa.icon'., fixed.
- bis broke weapon sounds in v1.24 update, fixed.
- config class missing errors, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\drevena_bedna_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\hng_skrin_front_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\hng_skrin_side_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_acess_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_acess2_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_bila_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\kamna_bila_trans_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\postel_co.paa, fixed.
- Warning Message: Cannot load texture pmc\vte_bis_obj\data\ubrus_2_co.paa, fixed.
- rssz terran name switched to use the full long name plus abbreviation.
- us army helmet splitted from character model.
- vietnamese rice hat splitted from character model.
- us army vest splitted from character model.
- vietcong vest splitted from character model.
- rssz terrain center position was not centered, fixed.
- rssz terrain ui image is missing, fixed.
- rssz terrain ui picturemap is missing, fixed.
- rssz terrain removed stupid bis loading texts.
- aircav pilot character removed (it was silly to be there the first place), mission compatibility ok.
- vietcong shadow in first person view broken, fixed.
- pbr cargo position cant get in, fixed.
- pbr cargo passanger proxy animation wrong, fixed.
- pbr gunner doesnt work, fixed.
- VTE_pbr: mainTurret - unknown animation source mainTurret, fixed.
- VTE_pbr: mainGun - unknown animation source mainGun, fixed.
- ak47 gunsights mode shows head of the character, fixed.
- vietcong has white mans face, fixed.
- vietcong has modern sun glasses sometimes, fixed.
- vietcong head clips through rice hat, fixed.
- us army character has modern sun glasses sometimes, fixed.
- Armaholic forums
- tactical.nekromantix.com forums
- BI forums