Walk As Default Mod [BETA]
This mod makes the player:
1. walk as default at mission start, weapon lowered,
Simplified version (@Igit_WAD2):
2. lower his weapon when getting out of a vehicle.
3. able to vault one or two times depending on load and fatigue condition (Disabled for AT & AA soldiers, pistols, or no weapon).
Per user request, this is a version without the weapon lowering when exiting a vehicle and without the vault feature.
Addon version now integrates the Fast Transitions Mod
in order to prevent compatibility issues. You must disable the FT mod in your Steam launch parameters (if you use it) to get this one working as intended.
@Igit_WAD or @Igit_WAD2
Use only one of those at the same time!
@Igit_WAD2 is a version without the weapon lowering when exiting a vehicle and without the vault feature.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
1. The default key bindings (w+s) for the Walk/Run toggle have been artificially reproduced in order to keep all default keys functionable. This implies you shouldn't bind those two keys to any action other than the default one, neither remove the default combo for the Walk/Run Toggle.
2. By and large, using a doubletap for the processed actions Walk/run toggle, Walk/Run Temp, Sprint toggle or Sprint Temp is problematic. Bind those actions to a singletap key instead.
3. For some unclear reason, Walk/run temporary works for any single key, except for the special keys L/RShift, L/R Alt, L/R Ctrl.
I recommend to bind the Walk/run toggle to your LeftShift key and the Walk/run temporary (if you still need it) to any other key.
This is my first Addon ever, so I hope everything will run fine. Please let me know if you encounter any problem with this mod.
Thanks for testing it.
Note for multiplayer : the mod seems to work flawlessly on 'Base' and 'Side' Respawn types, but for some unknown reason wont work with the 'Group' type.
Credits & Thanks:
DarkWanderer for the first idea of key neutralization
- The mod will now work on Team Switch.
- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.
- Walk/Run Toggle broken after several respawn fixed.
- Undefined variables error fixed;
- Compatibility issue with Fast Transitions Mod
fixed (and hence separate again).
- Ability to vault now dépends on load as well as fatigue condition.
- Addon version now integrates the Fast Transitions Mod
in order to prevent compatibility issues. You must disable the FT mod in your Steam launch parameters to get this one working as intended.
- Optimized and signed.
- A small bug with vault and pistol or launcher fixed.
- Delay at script start added.
- Weapon transition removed (now processed via my Fast Transitions Mod
- Walk/Sprint/Walk transitions, Vault feature and Low weapon transition added.
- Small changes in the code. AddOn version released.
v05/20/13 - 2
- Weapon lowered when getting out of vehicles added.
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3