Date: 2013-05-31 11:50
Downloads / Operation Arrowhead / Patches / Usermade Patches / Vietnam: The Experience Upgrade 1.5.26
This is now using delta patching and requires fully working unmodified v1.5.25 install as base. This install method is not for beginners, I have wrote more detailed info on the delta patching topic in PMC Tactical forums (link can be found on armaholic forum VTE first post). The upgrade download includes install instructions in the readme.
I'm planning on releasing these upgrades on weekly basis (roughly) and then monthly basis (again, roughly depending on the development progress) the full install release.
Unpack this upgrade on your vte_dev/ mod directory. This is the -mod directory name you run VTE with, to me its -mod=x\xeh;x\vte_dev so I will unpack this archive into "vte_dev" directory under x dir. Let me illustrate it so there is no confusion
d:\arma2 <- ArmA 2 root dir
d:\arma2\x <- sub directory for MOD's
d:\arma2\x\xeh <- extendend eventhandlers mod dir.
d:\arma2\x\vte_dev <- VTE mod dir.
Wether you have x mod sub directory is entirely up to you, most users don't (they prefer the horrible @VTE system).
1) install vietnam_the_experience_v1.5.7z
2) install VTE_v1.5.25_upgrade.7z
3) execute run_v1.5.26_upgrade.bat file in vte_dev dir which is included in this archive.
If the bat file doesn't locate the addons\vte*.pbo or xdelta3 files, it will notify you and abort without modifying any files. Please run the .bat file as administrator access, otherwise there might be problems.
If you have any problems, you can contact me by PM in PMC forums. I have email notificator on so usually my answers are very quick. Or you can chat with the dev team on IRC in irc.quakenet.org server in #WrpTool channel.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included pbo files:
Please read online manual here: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/manual/doku.php?id=arma2:vte
VTE Mission Pack:
Mission Pack can be downloaded from VTE homepage: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/vte/vte-arma2.php
Hope to see you all in the PMC Tactical dedicated server (filter for "PMC" or "VIETNAM") for some multiplayer fun!
- terrains centerposition values changed to real dead center of the map position
- vte 25km demo seabed satellite texture added (whole sat is work in progress)
- btr50 new model added from banana
- remington 11-48 added from banana.
- tango atc boat added from banana.
- thompson new model added from banana.
- vte intro new cutscene added from banana.
- vte intro terrain's cutscene had annoying firefight, fixed.
- ia drang satellite texture edited to remove the ugly jagged edges from sand terrain type.
- ia drang base texture layer size increased from 50m to 100m.
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Vietnam: The Experience
- Vietnam: The Experience Upgrade 1.5.25