Date: 2013-07-07 18:16
This is a preview release. I encourage you to test it, run some performance tests and simply report any issues you encounter. Not all the planned features are implemented yet (see TODO section). I haven't signed this with multiplayer bikeys's yet as this preview release is intended for a client side testing only.
Be aware of the following limitations:
The following functions are provided by this addon:
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Refer to the information and examples in this post. The documentation is still to be done!
- Implement the workaround around callExtension output buffer limitation.
- Detect when ARMA is paused (suspend background scripts and use v8::V8::IdleNotification() internally).
- Consider adding two additional functions: JS_fnc_compile and JS_fnc_run that would work directly with V8 script handles and would allow you to skip repeated compilations.
- Double check everything and do a final review of the code.
This addon is open source with code available under GPL 3.
- Updated V8 to 3.20.2.
- Implemented background script handles (returned by JS_fnc_spawn).
- Implemented JS_fnc_done and JS_fnc_terminate functions.
- Added a common header file (#include "\JS\API.hpp") with JS(code) macro.
- PBO and extension DLL files are now signed with bikeys (server-side key is included).
- Other internal tweaks and optimizations.
- BI forums