Date: 2014-03-12 19:21
This addon was made for the French Legion Team a while ago.
It is included in our 1REV French units pack but since this one has a lot of dependencies, I decided to upload it alone as well.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Please note that the class names have changed since v0.5!
To add the flashbang to your soldier, put this in its init field:
this addmagazines["SUPER_flash",5]There is also an ammobox with the flashbang in the editor, in Oject/Ammo.
- windows are blowing up a bit too far from the explosion sometimes
- Ugly particle effects
- issues with the sounds
-incompatibility with the following Addons:
Canadian Arman Forces, All In Arma and Sweedish Forces Pack, Extended Grenades & Throwable Items (EGTI)(should be fixed since 0.7, waiting for confirmation)
- New animations
- New Sounds
- Better Particle effects
- sort of QTE to protect yourself when you identify a flashbang thrown at you?
- Indoor vs outdoor effect
It was my first mod project, so please don't be mean.
Please Report any bug you find in this thread.
Credits & Thanks:
- Community, in particular LordHeart for the 0.7 update , Messiah, Thromp, Tajin and probably others for their help on the forum
- zooloo85 for his mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...xtreme-Edition (I took the yellowish part of the blinding effect from his code)
- Mike from the team 1REV for the sound effects
- 1REV Team for testing
- Foxhound for hosting the file on Armaholic
- Made it so it adds to muzzles and not redefines (using += in config).
- Changed the mass to be 5 (realistically flashbangs weigh about half of hand grenades and HG's mass is 10).
- Changed most of the scripts to be CfgFunctions (get compileFinal'd at start by ArmA, which might result in a minor performance increase), also means it doesn't use Extended_Init anymore.
- Made use of a PPEffect variable to allow it to be forced to show in NVG's, this removes the workaround you had done.
- Did a slight adjustment to the setting of the sound volume (now fades mostly while vision returns but lingers slightly afterwards).
- Cleaned up \scripts\flashbang.sqf, now uses the faster nearEntities and only returns CAManBase (Man includes some animals I believe. Only does all the checks if the unit is the player (should reduce any possible slowdown due to many people around flash bangs).
- Overall, declared all private variables in the scripts to avoid any potential issues.
- players wearing NVG are now affected by the flash
- error message in dev branch should be removed
- new way of triggering the scripts (should be less buggy)
- sound tweaked
- flying buckets removed
- CBA needed from now on
- fixed:error message
- fixed: various sound related issues
- added: .bikey (I forgot it in 0.4)
- fixed: Grenade Launcher now working
- added: the effect is now directional
- fixed: the "stunned" animation was triggered on dead AI as well
- added: .bisign
- fixed: no grenade sound on top of the flashbang one anymore (flashbang sound to be changed later)
- fixed: no error message anymore when you launch the first flashbang ("is not an array...")
- fixed: Now, the AI drop dead even if they didn't finish the "stun animation" when you shoot them.
- added: test MX with Grenade Launcher accepting "flashing" ammo (currently broken: no sound and no reload animation)
-added: ammobox with the flashbang, the test Weapon and the Flash grenades for the GL.
- First public release
- BI forums