Requirements: No addons required
Playable options: N/A
Version: 1.0 beta
Date: 2013-06-22 08:52
In and Outby
Bluefor have a small foothold on Stratis and are about to land the main force. A Bluefor agent has vital information for the landings and is currently being detained on the island. You must lead a small team to rescue him. You will be inserted and extracted by helicopter, and have some artillery, AH and infantry support as your mission progresses. The agent is not well guarded, but the island is. Be quick and be careful!
A simple "rescue the agent scenario", with a number of features.
- random enemy patrols (courtesy of Kronzky UPS script)
- a free fire zone with random trip flares which call in mortar fire
- a major battle
- mortar support
Save the .pbo file in the missions folder on arma. On mine this is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions
This is my first attempt at scripting and making a mission and the first time I have written any code since 1988, so please be gentle with me. I dont know how hard this mission is - I have played with the difficulty and enemy numbers, I think its about right but if its too easy or hard let me know.
When you get to the agent, an option will appear if you select action (the one which changes weapons etc). Select "rescue agent" and he will join your team.
There are a number of features which I think are ARMA 3 and not my bad mission making.
- The insertion helo will sometimes crash into your team when they disembark. I recommend a restart - it happens less than 1 in 20.
- The extraction helo will not always land 1 in 5. If it does not I have a timeout trigger so the mission will still end as long as you and the agent are at the extraction zone for a couple of mins. I have spent hours trying to fix this and think its a feature!
- Sometimes members of your team will get fixed and not move. The mission will still end as long as you and the agent get to the extraction point.
Please do leave comments if you like or dislike.
Credits & Thanks:
Kronzky (patrol), Dr Cox (Hostage) and Mantels (Random IED) whose scripts I have used in part or whole. And also to all those who publish bits of scripts on forums and take the time to provide advice and guidance.
- beta compatible
- first release