Date: 2013-06-29 16:45
The Force Protection Ocelot is a British armoured vehicle that has replaced the United Kingdom's Snatch Land Rover with British forces. It was given the service name Foxhound, in line with the names given to other wheeled armored vehicles in current British use, such as Mastiff and Ridgeback. The goal in replacing the Snatch Land Rover was to improve protection of personnel against improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Which really wasnt hard since the Snatch was never intended to withstand those kinds of attacks.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Tan Vehicle - rksl_foxhound_lppv
Woodland Vehicle - rksl_foxhound_lppv_wd
AI unable to fire the GPMG pintels.
Alpha layering issues with the windscreens and passenger eyewear
Alpha/Z Fighting on the number plates
Switching seats with AI in the vehicle with you results in some instances where it is not possible to switch back.
Static Muzzle Flash
Small hole in the model, at the rear of the cabin/cab
No windscreen in the interior views
- Interior Shadow - Only viable in A3 due to the Pilot Shadow LOD not working as intended in A2, and the already highly detailed exterior shadow LOD.
- Interior RVMATS - Without direct lighting and shadows in the interior, RVMATS on the interior surfaces would be barely noticeable. Again, this is planned for A3
- Weighting of the suspension animations to prevent 'breaks' in the model when at extreme instances of the animation
- Material improvements, most notably the specular maps
- Addition of Barracuda Netting on the side of the Tan vehicle. We're working on making this look 'just right', so you'll have to be extra patient.
As this is a public beta, planned updates will bring the addon up to a full release standard, finishing off the final details and updating various textures and materials, as well as fixing any underlying errors.
The eventual goal is to take this vehicle into A3 and make use of the many vehicle improvements, therein, as well as possibly introducing the WMIK and Flatbed versions of the vehicle.
Credits & Thanks:
Producer: RKSL Studios (rkslstudios.info)
Project Manager: Messiah
Character Animation: Da12thmonkey
CPP File: Messiah
Documentation: RKSL Rock
- First Public BETA
- BI forums
- Arma 2