AV IndUs (US Army inspired units)
A few BlueFor units created to look like US Army soldiers.
There are lots of weapons added that is currently in service. Like the M4 or the AT4 launcher.
All weapons have good custom sounds to make it a bit more immersive.
AV_IndUs = (AlexVestin, Independent uniforms, US soldiers)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
They are currently listed under NATO/"MEN (IndUs)".
Classnames are available here
Weapon animations are not done for all weapons.
Uniforms with short sleeves have a weird shoulderpatch bug.
Icons are only temporary.
Probably all weapons need tweaking.
M4 LODs are missing parts.
AT4 has it's sight out when on back.
AT4 is not disposable and working properly yet. It's weak too.
Please let me know if you find something new.
Credits & Thanks:
Bohemia Interactive -Their sample models have been a HUGE help!
AlexVestin -I've been making textures, configs, models.
Stiltman -Helped me with learning configs and making use of BIS sample models.
Johannes, Binkowski -Many thanks to them for their original work on the Eagle SPC vest and providing me with a base helmet to work from.
Sabre -He originally made the Eagle SPC vest texture that I have modified. It would not have looked as good if it weren't for him.
daveygary1979 -Provided me with his version of said Eagle SPC vest and various headgear equipment.
- Fixed vests getting extremely dark in shadows.
- Fixed officer UCP uniform having the wrong textures. (wip)
- Added server key.
- Added new M249 (modified) (Mk48 heavy wip)
- Added new M240 (heavy wip)
- Added new ACH variants.
- Added new ACH with helmet foliage.
- Added new ECH in tan, black, ocp.
- Added temporary icons for all new gear.
- Added two more armed M-ATV versions.
- Added NATO-Uniform textures. (wip)
- Added Helicopter-Pilot Uniform. (wip)
- Added "Author" to units.
- Changed the M4 fire-rate slightly.
- Changed classnames. (!) (First page of thread has them all)
- Changed some gear on the helicopter pilot/crew.
- Changed AT4 projectile damage. It now does more damage.
- Changed vest load capability.
- Updated the Eagle SPC vest normal map.
- Updated all weapons compatible accessories list.
- Updated uniform textures.
- Optimized shadow-LOD for all vests. (wip)
- Optimized shadow-LOD for all helmets.
- New gear! (helmets, vests, backpacks)
- Updated the M4 family texture to a darker tone.
- Updated the UCP Uniform texture. (+new boot textures)
- Updated the backpack texture.
- Updated the ACH texture.
- Removed Medic backpack texture.
- Adjusted helmet position. (Goggles fit better)
- Added woodland and desert camo variants for all M4/M16A4/Mk12/M249.
- Added tan M-ATV.
- Added more 3D geometry to the ACH helmet.
- Added a temporary soldier wearing a OCP uniform, backpack and helmet.
- Added a new faction category for the units in editor.
- Added a mod icon.
- Added a temporary ghillie uniform.
- Added a rotating muzzleflash for the m249.
- Changed the m249 para bipod position slightly.
- Changed a lot of classnames. (! Check 1st page in my thread !)
- Fixed M4/M16A4 muzzleflashes so they are in their correct position.
- Fixed a few weapons not using their RVMAT files for some parts.
- Fixed M249 railcovers so they hide when attaching a accessory.
- Fixed Mk12 flip-sights.
- Added ACH helmets
- Officer texture slightly updated
- Better backpack textures
- More units now use M4's instead of M16A4's
- Fixed hand-animations for the M4, M16A4, Mk12
- Small update to the M4 family texture
- ArmA1 Interceptor vest for crewmen (Work In Progress)
- Got rid of mod dependencies.
- Fixed automatic rifleman crashing the game
- Added new weapons (with FHQ support)
- Added M9
- Added M4
- Added M16A4
- Added M249
- Added Mk12
- Added AT4
- All new weapons have custom sounds
- Added AN/PVS-7 (NVG)
- Added backpacks
- Added temporary weaponbox
- Removed EBR
- Added Heli pilot
- Added Heli crew
- Added new uniform for crews
- Improved uniform textures
- Uniforms now work properly
- some small fixes
- BI forums