Requirements: No addons required
Short description: This will add nearly all objects in the game as place-able in the editor.
Date: 2013-07-06 09:57
Editor Objects [BETA]by
This will add nearly all objects in the game as place-able in the editor.
I havent placed everything down yet so im not 100% sure it all works. Please let me know if I messed something up!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
if you are making a mission that you do not want to run with the mod:
- place all the objects down with the mod
- go to "computer\documents\arma 3- other profiles\your screen name\missions\your mission name\mission.sqm" and look in the "addons" and "addons auto" sections at the top of the document
- find the line(s) that say "editor_objects," and delete them
- double check to make sure that the remaining addons follow the format "addon","addon","last addon" (LOOK AT THE COMMAS)
- now your mission is able to be played without the mod, and the players will still be able to interact with everything you put down
Credits & Thanks:
credits and thanks:
Six Config Browser
- I forgot both of the Radar domes and the hangars...
- fixed 3 missing objects
- first release
- BI forums
Tags: No tags