Requirements: No addons required
Playable options: Multiplayer compatible / Singleplayer compatible
Date: 2013-07-09 11:11
Downloads / Arma 3 / Scenarios / Multiplayer Gamemodes / Other / [2A42] Helicopter Strike / Scramble Response [BETA]
Helicopter Attack (or) Helicopter Scramble/Interceptby
Join a blufor helicopter squadron and attack an enemy installation while defending yourselves from an intercepting opfor team, or join Opfor and scramble your squadron and thwart the blufor assault and destroy their airbase. Singleplayer, Coop, and Multiplayer are all available.
Singleplayer: Fly as the pilot or gunner of a helicopter squadron and take part in the mission. A cautious approach probably works best here.
Cooperative: Smaller coops (2p) add some fun and teamwork to the equation, especially when manning the same helicopter against the AI. Larger coops (6p) can have a whole squadron run by human players, adding complexity and excitement, but also more difficult (no free spots or target commands).
Team vs Team: This is where it gets interesting. One useful tactic for Opfor is to have one helicopter break off and try to eliminate the airfield targets early on, but if Blufor left a defender hidden in the hills somewhere... or will it be an all out brawl for control of the skies?
Blue Force: Fly with your team up to the northern lighthouse area and wreak havoc on the Opfor base there. Be wary of an incoming squadron of enemy helicopters, but especially aware of the more imminent threat of ground based SAM's. Once destroyed, seek out and destroy the enemy helicopter squadron to complete the mission.
Opposing Force: Scramble your squadron try to stop an enemy helicopter force from decimating your fledgling northern operations base. Your canon does much more damage but is also relatively short range compared to the AAM's of the Blufor Comanches. Try to attack from behind or the sides to avoid being downed by their missiles. Once completed, you must make a quick attack run on the airfield while it lacks air support, and destroy two grounded transport helicopters.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.
- Opfor must lose all three Havoc helicopters as well as an APC inside the lighthouse base.
- Blufor must lose all three Comanche helicopters as well as two UH Helicopters at the airfield.
- These conditions will trigger the end of the mission and declare the winning faction.
- "G" sets off countermeasures. You can (sometimes) dodge guided missiles this way if you are paying attention to your radar.
- Opfor SAM troops spawn ~20% of the time and at reduced skill level and health. They can sti ll be wildly frustrating though, so try to take them out quickly when flying for Blufor.
Avoid playing the "Group Leader" ("#1") helicopter pilot position if you are in single player or a smaller sized cooperative team.