Stance Adjustment Mod
This addon is an overhaul of the game's default stance adjustment mechanism. It adds two new temporary modes to the default (persistent) game mode, and lets the player enter the adjusted stances on the move, dynamically. The leaning stances are processed as well.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Paste the Igit_ADJv4 file in your userconfig (create one if necessary). Import and enable @Igit_ADJv4 in your game expansions menu.
1. Select a UserKey in the userconfig file or use the default one (User15). Bind whatever key or mouse button you want to use as your 'Adjust' modifier to that UserKey in the Custom controls menu.
I do recommend you give a try to MseBtn#5 or MseBtn#4 to make the most of this mod.
2. As a precaution, and especially if you want to keep using the same hotkey you're used to, delete all your current key bindings in the "Adjust stance Up/Down/Left/Right" controls and bind that key in your selected custom control instead.
3. Hold your brand new 'Adjust' modifier and press either 'C', 'V' or 'B' (default keys) to switch from one mode to the other :
'C' - persistent mode : the original game mode,
'V' - semi-temporary mode : horizontal adjustments are temporary, vertical adjustments remain permanent, or
'B' - full-temporary mode : horizontal and vertical adjustments are temporary.
4. Hold 'Adjust' and hit the WASD keys to play the adjusted stances in the selected mode. Use the leaning keys instead of (or with) the left and right keys for a leaning stance adjustment.
5. Hold 'Adjust' and use the mousewheel to switch through vertical stances.
Userconfig: Right click on the included IGIT_ADJV4.hpp and select "Edit with notepad".
IGIT_Adj_DefaultMode = 1; // 1 = Full Temporary (Yellow) / 2 = Semi-temporary (Blue) / 3 = Persistent (White).
IGIT_Adj_UserKey = "User15"; // defines custom control User15 as your Adjust modifier. Change at will from "User1" to "User20" and bind accordingly in the game's custom controls menu. Works with both keys (single tap) and mouse buttons (single press).
IGIT_Adj_StanceIndicator = 1; // Displays the mod's custom stance indicator. Better disable the game's indicator in the difficulty menu if you use this one. Put 0 if you dont need it or prefer the default hud.
IGIT_Adj_StanceDuration = 10; // Custom stance indicator duration in seconds. Change at will. Put higher values to simulate permanent HUD.
IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_FullTemp = [255/255,255/255,0/255,0.6]; // light yellow
IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_SemiTemp = [0/255,255/255,255/255,0.6]; // light blue
IGIT_Adj_StanceColor_Persistent = [255/255,255/255,255/255,1]; // white
Here is a good link to rgba color codes : http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorrgbadec.html
IGIT_Adj_MouseWheel = 1; // 1 = embedded MouseWheel function enabled. / 0 = disabled.
IGIT_Adj_persistent_key = 46; // defines adj+C as persistent mode (White) modifier. Vertical and horizontal adjustments are persistent.
IGIT_Adj_SemiTemporary_key = 47; // defines adj+V as semi-temporary mode (Blue) modifier. Horizontal adjustments are temporary. Vertical adjustments are persistent.
IGIT_Adj_FullTemporary_key = 48; // defines adj+B as full-temporary mode (Yellow) modifier. Vertical and horizontal adustments are temporary.
Note that holding your Adjust modifier will disable the default action bound to the selected key. Choose new keys carefully if you dont want the mod to interfere with your gameplay.
for a list of key codes.
1. To prevent from accidentally throwing grenades I have disabled the possibility to cycle through the throwable items while holding a side stance, except for the persistent mode. Just release 'Adjust' and select your item, you're in a temporary mode anyway.
However, because key-combo detection is a mess, I've only been able to do it for the six usual hotkeys L/RShift, L/RCtrl, L/RAlt. It is therefore recommended to use one of those keys in your combo (ex: LCtrl+G), or just a single key for "cycleThrowItems".
2. For some reason beyond my understanding, holding 'Adjust' + leaning L or R when walking will play your first side step in the opposite direction. Just toggle your leaning key to get round that issue. You're already walking.
3. The mod should work as long as you're reloading saved games inside the current mission, but wont work if you try and reload an exited mission.
4. The 'GROUP' Respawn in MP breaks the mod. Seems to work fine with other types of respawn though.
Credits & Thanks:
Tpw for the early version of the mousewheel script. Thank you again mate.
KillzoneKid and Iceman77 for their GUI tutorials. Priceless for the noob I am.
VanZant for a method of hooking a script I gratefully imitated.
1. Drastic code simplification.
2. 'Adjust' modifier implementation.
3. Custom stance indicator system added.
4. Mousewheel function re-implemented and improved.
5. CBA not required anymore.
6. New demo vid uploaded.
- userconfig added
- Bug fix
- semi-temporary mode implementation
- leaning stances implementation
- code rewriting
- removed the mousewheel function (needs a redo)
- Persistent mode implementation.
- Mouse buttons as 'Adjust' modifiers are now supported in all languages.
- The mod will now work on Team Switch.
- Simplified lock system : hold 'Adjust' + hit 'Crouch' to lock any stance until a WASD key is pressed.
- Mouse button as 'ADJUST' modifier is working again.
- Controller lateral input is detected. I cant vouch for its behaviour though.
- signed version;
- rare game freezes fixed;
- stances are now accessible on the move in all speed modes (run included);
- to prevent accidental fall to side-prone, mousewheel in side stances is now limited to switch from side-stand to side-crouch and vice versa;
- more reliable side-lock system (hit the opposite key once, release, and release the adjust key. Works better when you stop though);
- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.
- Mousewheel implementation : Credit & thanks to tpw for his excellent code !
- The mod now works in MP (but better in SP).
- first public release
- BI forums