Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Short description: This addon prolongs firefights duration
Date: 2013-12-22 08:42
Fire-Fight Improvement Systemby
Zooloo75/Stealthstick & sproyd
I started this system yesterday because I disliked how uniform the units reacted to incoming gunfire. Without this system, units receiving fire usually take a few steps then crouch and immediately return fire with ultimate precision. This changes that by prolonging firefights; making AI lay down suppression; Evade incoming fire by moving around, attempting to find cover; and also report that they are taking fire and where. Units that are taking fire are difficult to command as they disregard orders in an attempt to keep themselves alive. Groups also attempt to flank their shooters and continue combat instead of cluelessly standing around after taking fire.
*Fire-Fight Improvement System by Zooloo75
*Causes incoming gunfire to scramble a group, simulating panic, fear, and surprise.
*Units may accidentally fire their weapon out of fear from incoming fire (possibly resulting in friendly fire).
*Units do evasive maneuvers to avoid gunfire.
*Suppression is now effective against AI.
*Higher skilled soldiers tend to regain focus quicker.
*AI can now suppress other AI.
*Units lose focus as they take fire, making them difficult to command.
*Firefights last longer.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons/mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
Open the FFIS.hpp file in your preferred text editor (such as Notepad++) to toggle certain features of the mod.
For example, if you don't like the panic feature then you can toggle it by changing the SS_FFIS_LOSECOMMAND value to false; or if your PC can't handle all the smoke grenades the AI throws, you can toggle that feature by changing the SS_FFIS_USESMOKE value to false.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Included .pbo files:
Credits & thanks:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Version released on 24/11/2013 was done by sproyd.
Users are free to:
Create derivatives/modifications of the work for personal use.
Use the work as intended by the author.
Users may not:
Redistribute the work without direct consent from the author, which includes but is not limited to uploading to the Steam Workshop.
Sell or make any form of profit from the work.
v1.25 (modified by sproyd)
- Changed setBehaviour for non-sniper units to AWARE from COMBAT due to some units getting stuck in COMBAT mode even after the end of a firefight
- Halved the chance of smoke grenades, was a bit excessive especially when using Blastcore
- For the waypoint module, modified waypoint type from DESTROY to SEEK AND DESTROY (SAD) as this would sometimes make units attack static objects and not move until they were destroyed (so never).
- Changed Waypoint Behaviour from COMBAT to UNCHANGED to help prevent the aforementioned problem where units get stuck in COMBAT mode
- Changed Waypoint indexing from 1 to 0
v1.15 (modified by sproyd)
- Improved evasive animations. Removed the ridiculous ones like bunnyhop and run towards the enemy and left in four core animations, dive left (then crawl forward), dive right (then crawl forward), strafe right (then drop to one knee), strafe forward left (theen drop to one knee).
- Increased chance of evasive maneuvers slightly
- Replaced 'round' script for 'floor' script, for selecting evasive animation and radio comms. This is best practice as it ensures proper random selection of options. The existing setup favoured some options over others.
26/11/2013 (modified by sproyd)
- made a minor tweak
24/11/2013 (modified by sproyd)
- Fixed: Hard coded out the panic functionality where units would de-group as this was causing many issues and it wasn't able to be disabled in the options
- Changed: the wind is now turned off by default as this was interacting with TMR to give mega-wind making it impossible to hit
- Changed: The folder paths now use "FFIS" instead of "zooloo75" so you can more easily identify the mod.
- NOTE: you will need to put a new userconfig file in your A3 root directory, instructions are in the package
* Added more options to the userConfig file.
* Units with LMG's will try to suppress the shooter's position, firing in full-auto.
* Added userConfig file.
* Added functionality to vehicles.
* AI can call in artillery support.
* Added wind simulation to most types of projectiles. (Can be toggled via userConfig)
* Groups attempt to flank their shooter(s) and continue engagement.
* Units will pop smoke when under fire.
* Sniper units react differently than non-sniper units.
* Bleed-outs now result in actual blood loss instead of just behaving as a visual.
- BIS Forums
- Community Base addons A3