The AAF Desert module is a complete retexture pack which adds a desert style variant to the standard green AAF uniforms, units, vehicles and weapons.
Complete retexture pack
Replacement pack for standard AAF (Green to Desert)
BLUFOR (West) and OPFOR (East) side pack
Units, groups and empty classes included
Zeus module compatible
Clean from RPT errors
play withSIX download available
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Credits & Thanks:
Bohemia Interactive - Base models and textures.
I WUB PUGS reported Independent side missing strider and CH-49 Mohawk listed in civilian side on the BIS forums.
- Folder order changed to match Play withSIX structure @AAF_Desert, @AAF_Desert_Replacement and @AAF_Desert_Extra
- Updated base classes 02, 03, 04.
- Special Forces class.
- Static weapons.
- Standard marksman unit.
- Zeus support.
- Squad XML support.
- Weapons to vehicles.
- Side Empty no longer restricts units to only AAF Desert variants.
- OpFor no longer show as two AAF factions.
- Dropped weapons ignore modified hiddentextureselection - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153
- Gorgon and Mora with incomplete hiddenselection - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17529.
- Hellcat unarmed and armed.
- MBT Kuma
- FV-720 Mora
- Gunner (Mk6)
- Gunner (Mk30)
- Gunner (GMG)
- Asst. Gunner (Mk30/GMG)
- Asst. Gunner (Mk6)
- BLUFOR and OPFOR AAF Desert updated with current changes.
- BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicle crews are side specific.
- UAV now works on all sides BLUFOR, OPFOR and INDEP.
- Replacement headgear added for Marksman, Light Rifleman, Officer, Explosives Expert to match standard AAF.
- Officer uniform returned back to the AAF version.
- Officer uniform showing as OPFOR (Must have been some class replacement by BIS).
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle RCWS turret not showing as AAF Desert camo.
- Mk20 MRCO showing up as invisible for replacement pack. Removed the class and seem to fix, might only be temporary will keep an eye on it.
- Groups to the AAF Desert units.
- Added scenario mission "Showcase: AAF Desert". I use this to check for bugs but it can also be used to take a better look at all the units available.
- Strider missing from Independent Car class.
- CH-49 Mohawk listed in civilian side instead of Independent.
- Titan launchers changed to desert.
- aaf_d_veh.pbo // Vehicle addon. Contains vehicle classes and textures.
- aaf_d_wep.pbo // Weapons addon. Contains weapon classes.
Optional PBO files below are not needed but can be added to enhance experience.
You can add the replacement pack and both OPFOR and BLUFOR packs at the same time.
- aaf_d_rep.pbo // Replacement pack. This will replace the standard green AAF units with the AAF desert units.
- aaf_d_blu.pbo // Add AAF Desert faction to the BLUFOR / WEST side in addition to the Independant AAF Desert.
- aad_d_opfor.pbo // Add AAF Desert faction to the OPFOR / EAST side in addition to the Independant AAF Desert.
- LAT unit and backpack.
- UAV unit and backpack.
- Support assistant units Automatic Rifleman, Anti-Tank and Anti-Air.
- Multiple backpacks for different classes. FieldPack and Carryall variants.
- MK20 weapon with attachements desert version.
- Ground vehicle units. Quadbike, MRAP variants, Zamak Truck/Support variants, APC, UGV.
- Air vehicle units. Helicopter Transport and two Jets (CAS/AA).
- BLUFOR Vest Plate Carrier 1.
- Cap with Headphones.
- Ghillie Uniform class change from AAF_D_Ghilli to AAF_D_Ghillie
- Standard INDP Vest class 1 changed from AAF_D_Plate to AAF_D_PlateCarrier_IA1
- Standard INDP Vest class 2 changed from AAF_D_Vest_GL to AAF_D_PlateCarrier_IA2
- Standard INDP Vest class GL changed from AAF_D_Vest_GL to AAF_D_PlateCarrier_IAGL
- BLUFOR Vest class Plate Carrier 2 changed from AAF_D_Vest to AAF_D_PlateCarrier_BA2
- INDP Chestrig class changed from AAF_D_chestrig_co to AAF_D_Chestrig_IA
- Bandollier Vest class changed from AAF_D_oil_co to AAF_D_Bandollier_BA
- Tacical Vest class changed from AAF_D_tacvest_co to AAF_D_TacVest_BA
- INDP Helmet class changed from AAF_D_Helmet to AAF_D_Helmet_IA
- Patrol Cap class changed from AAF_D_cap to AAF_D_Cap_B
- Boonie class changed from AAF_D_boonie to AAF_D_Boonie_B
- first release
- BI Forums